What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

In honesty though, the statement without saying it, suggesting that 'nothing has been decided yet' pretty much confirms that it has at least been floated as an idea.

On the pitch, presumably. 

16 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hearts are hardly in a position to talk about other clubs finances, you were in the shite yourself not so long ago, you're a failure, be better winding Hearts up and starting again, using your logic.

It's easy to talk down to others about how easy it is to be sustainable when you've got a benefactor putting ~£5m+ into your bank account every Summer.

3 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Oh God aye, we don't want any of that poncy behaving like civilised human beings while sitting watching sport when we could be battering shite out of each other because his scarf's a different colour than mine..........And then we have people on these forums wondering in all seriousness why you can have a drink at the rugby but not the football ?

What you on about?

Where have i said anywhere about battering opposition fans, or doing anything moronic for that matter?

I just think football loses a key part of the fan experience if you have mixed seating.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's easy to talk down to others about how easy it is to be sustainable when you've got a benefactor putting ~£5m+ into your bank account every Summer.

You can't have a rational conversation about Livingston with Vincent.

It's strange really, he's shown more contempt and seething anger towards Livi than the ex Meadowbank fans on here.

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is it fair to be comparing Livingstons "dormant" support to that of Kilmarnock?

Far as I can see Livingsons move in 1995 virtually forced them to rebuild their fanbase from scratch so it's not as if there's thousands of generational fans just waiting for an upturn to crawl out the woodwork when things are going well.

We Meadowbank fans were assured by Bill Hunter and chums at the time that there was a ready and willing set of fans just waiting for a football club to come to Livingston. This was apparently based on standing in Almondvale Shopping Centre and asking passing folk if they'd like a football club in the town. 

Lies were told then. Lies are still being told now. Lies will be told in future unfortunately. 

Just now, tamthebam said:

We Meadowbank fans were assured by Bill Hunter and chums at the time that there was a ready and willing set of fans just waiting for a football club to come to Livingston. This was apparently based on standing in Almondvale Shopping Centre and asking passing folk if they'd like a football club in the town. 

Lies were told then. Lies are still being told now. Lies will be told in future unfortunately. 

Aye when the STV cameras were up there asking random shoppers about us when we won the League cup in 2004 and they hadn't a clue who any of our players were, or that we'd won it.

It was 96/97 season i started going to games, my mate had been to some and talked me into going down to a game, the b*****d, now i've been on a rollercoaster ride supporting them since.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I think the rise back to the Premiership came too early for us. Perhaps a longer period of stability in the championship would have allowed us to organically grow our core support. Out of nowhere we were promoted to the Premiership and didn't have the infrastructure in place at the time. Our fans had only recently seen us relegated to League 1 and had the rumours of going part time floating around. Hopefully we can make the proverbial lemonade out of our impending return to the Championship.

Presumably you'll get hit with a points penalty to overcome a 15 point penalty to avoid the drop you'll need to have the kind of season that would otherwise see you 6th or 7th. 

This is more difficult  because all your best players can leave for nothing but on the other hand you can also get rid of a lot of dead wood

Luckily given that the administration isn't tangled up in the collapse of an international banking group it should hopefully be sorted out quickly and you won't have to field the Under 21s all season like Hearts did

Of course given that the sporting penalties destroy value that could be used to compensate the creditors there's an incentive on all parties to achieve a restructuring that achieves the same thing without official administration.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Who could have forseen that not scheduling the Dundee v Rangers match for the first possible date, Tuesday 2nd April, to appease the Rangers hierarchy, might have lead to this potential problem? Tin pot doesn't even cover it.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Do United not still have the pitchside monitor from last season, or was it ceremoniously removed upon relegation to remind them they are no longer big time?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

The relegated club has to give their stuff to the promoted club therefore, we've got it.

I did not know this and it seems a bit tinpot to me. Not that I want VAR to exist or proliferate its way through the game any more than it already has, but only having twelve screens for this with one effectively touring the country each season seems cheap.

9 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Oh God aye, we don't want any of that poncy behaving like civilised human beings while sitting watching sport when we could be battering shite out of each other because his scarf's a different colour than mine..........And then we have people on these forums wondering in all seriousness why you can have a drink at the rugby but not the football ?

Egg chaser found. 

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Meadowbank moving to Livingston is hardly a failure, they've managed to do more than a hell of a lot more established bigger teams, winning a cup and several lower league titles as well as 2 stints in the top flight isn't a waste of time.

Aye, and had two more insolvency events than most bigger teams...and the smaller ones.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I did not know this and it seems a bit tinpot to me. Not that I want VAR to exist or proliferate its way through the game any more than it already has, but only having twelve screens for this with one effectively touring the country each season seems cheap.

I think this was a joke.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Aye, and had two more insolvency events than most bigger teams...and the smaller ones.

Really.

Sevco, Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee, and quite a few lower league clubs in the same boat, either with admins or liquidation. 

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I think this was a joke.

I'm not sure it is, unless it's a daft rumour that's got out of control as I've heard it from a few different sources now. 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I'm not sure it is, unless it's a daft rumour that's got out of control as I've heard it from a few different sources now. 

It was in the paper at the start of the current/end of the last season.

Papers have a tendency to exaggerate for effect.

What’s likely is that the SPFL (or whoever their VAR equipment contractor is) will own a certain number of screens. When a club no longer requires theirs due to relegation, it’s returned. This screen then may or may not end up in the ground of a club that was promoted.

22 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

What you on about?

Where have i said anywhere about battering opposition fans, or doing anything moronic for that matter?

I just think football loses a key part of the fan experience if you have mixed seating.

What part would you miss most ? ? The foul abuse ? The undertow of tribal hatred ?  The whole idea that you can't watch and enjoy a game of football if you're seated in the vicinity of someone who may want another team to win is the very definition of 'moronic' in my opinion.