Netflix

Biscuits

Really loved The Queen's Gambit. The clothes are incredible and Anya Taylor-Joy is a spectacular clothes horse but does a lot of acting with her facial expressions. There's a lot of pouting, smouldering, worrying... could see how it could grate a bit for some. Felt a bit jittery watching it as so much is about addiction and it captures perfectly the way people fall into destrcutive behaviour. Also does that fist-pumping, feel-good stuff so well too.

Halfway through How To Fix a Drugs Scandal. True story of how 2 chemists in labs in Massachusetts caused thousands of drug convictions to be quashed, one by falsifying drug reports, the other by consuming the drugs they were testing while working.

On 18/11/2020 at 05:37, 19QOS19 said:
On 18/11/2020 at 01:25, The Golden God said:
Watched about half an hour of it so far, is it wrong that I really cannot stand the mother? All that posting complete shite all over FB was bad enough but the more you see the more mad she seems and that dance at the wedding has just made me completely hate her.

Nah I disliked her as well. Too busy recording everything rather than enjoying the moments with her kids. Seems like an attention loving arsehole tbh.

This sums it up for me. Folk nowadays get their phones out to record everything rather than just enjoying things as they happen. The wife is forever having a go at me because she has 101 pictures of me with the wee one but i have about 3 of her and she had to tell me to take the 3!

To be fair though without the footage, the program would have been the same as all the other murderer being caught programs. So i suppose we should thank her for entertaining us.

I remember the case when it happened and thinking it was strange as who kidnaps a whole family. then it started pointing to him. What amazed me was when they were interviewing him after the lie detector and gave him the idea to blame her for killing the kids. As soon as they said it you knew he was going to regurgate it and point the finger at him.

On 24/11/2020 at 01:59, BillyAnchor said:

Generally liked the Queens Gambit but hoped for a different ending. Still worth a watch and for a ginger she is even a wid.

:huh:

Some of the most sensational women in the world are redheads you absolute raving madman. Don't be fooled by 90s female pop bands throwing in the ugly ones for some weird reason. 

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

:huh:

Some of the most sensational women in the world are redheads you absolute raving madman. Don't be fooled by 90s female pop bands throwing in the ugly ones for some weird reason. 

Less Commercial Or Conventional Birds You Would Like To Pummel. for this pish.

10 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Are you talking about the ginge bowfer from Girls Aloud?

Aye, her and Ginger Spice. Obviously I wid, but they're both definitely not great examples of stunning redheads. 

3/4s of the way through Challenger. Somebody should have served time for deciding to go ahead with the launch that day.

Documentary about Peter Sutcliffe comes out on Wednesday, guessing it must have been easier to wait until he had snuffed it before broadcasting it.

3/4s of the way through Challenger. Somebody should have served time for deciding to go ahead with the launch that day.

Documentary about Peter Sutcliffe comes out on Wednesday, guessing it must have been easier to wait until he had snuffed it before broadcasting it.
Definitely be watching that. I seem to have some kind of weird morbid interest in serial killers

I generally give "reality TV" a heavy swerve but I've been working my way through the recent couple of seasons of QB1: Beyond The Lights.

Peter Berg's involved so it's got Friday Night Lights feel but the 30 mins episodes mean it's pretty watchable for what it is. The FNL connection is pretty much how I landed on it tbh, I doubt I'd have given it much of a chance otherwise.

My mind continues to be absolutely blown at the God-bothering culture that exists though. Absolute fucking oddballs.

Edited by capt_oats