2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

Do you ever listen to it? It has its faults but they certainly cannot be accused of OF bias. The BBC are not even allowed into Ibrox! Almost every championship game has been covered this season and its the best I've got when I can't watch the games live. 

There is a sportsound programme today but I don't think they normally cover the Challenge Cup.

Tbf, today featured live reporters at St Mirren 'B' v Hamilton 'B' plus a 'charity match' at Parkhead :unsure:.

4 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

After almost running aground they pulled out the emergency flares.

Here is replay of the pen (might only be available for a limited time)

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1jMJgEvlZzgKL

Classic Robbo in the penalty shoot out. Telling the ref not to allow any dicking about from the other keeper :lol:

Some stellar comments from the crowd too :lol:

Game was over at half time.

First ten minutes or so Raith competed well, smacked the bar from a free kick and looked a threat going forward. Then Graham scored and for twenty five minutes or so Raith completely lost it, giving the ball away, hospital passes in the middle, nobody picking up players in the box and so on. Graham could have had six. Mullin should have scored at least one. The second half was almost a training game with County popping the ball about but only in bursts of urgency. 

Raith kind of got it together it bit in the second half but County didn't even need to come out of second gear to deal with them.

10 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Axe the U21 teams.

Keep or increase the foreign teams. 

Agreed. I'd quite like this to become a UK/Ireland semi pro competition (ok, there are full time sides in the Scottish Championship & English National League, but still). Say take the 30 lower division SPFL sides + HL/LL + Wales + ROI + NI + National League = 124 teams. Either give out 4 byes or add some teams like representatives from Isle of Man, Orkney, Shetland & Western Isles to make it 128. Could be a very interesting tournament.

44 minutes ago, Marten said:

Agreed. I'd quite like this to become a UK/Ireland semi pro competition (ok, there are full time sides in the Scottish Championship & English National League, but still). Say take the 30 lower division SPFL sides + HL/LL + Wales + ROI + NI + National League = 124 teams. Either give out 4 byes or add some teams like representatives from Isle of Man, Orkney, Shetland & Western Isles to make it 128. Could be a very interesting tournament.

Even with the £3k given from the SPFL, the Pars supposedly made a loss of £8k today due to transport/accommodation etc etc and even had the early KO organised to avoid a second night. If any team from your suggested areas had that same draw as today then it would most probably kill them. 

14 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Even with the £3k given from the SPFL, the Pars supposedly made a loss of £8k today due to transport/accommodation etc etc and even had the early KO organised to avoid a second night. If any team from your suggested areas had that same draw as today then it would most probably kill them. 

For this reason I hope we get a home tie, cause we are skint, probably get Ross County or Montrose away:thumbsdown How much do the winners get?

For this reason I hope we get a home tie, cause we are skint, probably get Ross County away:thumbsdown How much do the winners get?
A crate of Irn Bru and a signed picture of Cockwomble doing his best Burt Reynolds by the fireplace pose.

Archived