The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

https://theferret.scot/police-scotland-charged-scottish-football-clubs/

Stumbled across this which is interesting, not all clubs in it so can't compare accurately but we seemed to pay an awful lot in the last year. Not sure if reasoning for this is because the Rangers game is included, I doubt it though.

Seems bizarre how much more we pay compared to Dunfermline, Falkirk etc. Would be interesting how much of that figure is from the rangers game.

If I was the club I would be going round the ground to ensure that the police weren’t sending any special Constables over and asking us to pay for it.

Also interesting to note that Kilmarnock’s seems very high as well in comparison to others. Possibly an issue there.

Seems bizarre how much more we pay compared to Dunfermline, Falkirk etc. Would be interesting how much of that figure is from the rangers game.

If I was the club I would be going round the ground to ensure that the police weren’t sending any special Constables over and asking us to pay for it.
Seriously hope the Rangers game is included in that figure unless something doesn't add up.

I would imagine only 6 home league games last season would have needed a police presence with that being Raith, Airdrie and Stranraer.

Were we not classed as high risk for a while due to flares and the young team fighting in Coatbridge? I remember at Alloa it was almost a case of Ayr fans being allocated their own policeman on the way in. 

I seem to remember the club at the time appealed for folk to stop causing bother because of the extra policing costs it would incur for a period. 

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:

There's no reason we can't emulate QoS.

What!?

Call it arrogance if you like, I've Always, ALWAYS, seen Ayr as the better/bigger team. Yeah, fair play, they have an ex premiership striker in Stephen Dobbie but that's about it... 

Yeah, they made it to Europe by throwing money at it. 

I always think Q.o.s and remember the likes of John Dodds getting first team games because he couldn't get a first team game at Ayr. 

Were we not classed as high risk for a while due to flares and the young team fighting in Coatbridge? I remember at Alloa it was almost a case of Ayr fans being allocated their own policeman on the way in. 
I seem to remember the club at the time appealed for folk to stop causing bother because of the extra policing costs it would incur for a period. 
You're probably right

This time last year I missed the first 2 goals away at Annan due to a 10 minute delay getting in as everyone was being searched - asked one of the policewomen why this was when it was hardly a big crowd / volatile fixture and she said they had been told that Ayr were deemed a 'high risk' crowd, that's obviously an away game but still possibly explains why we are charged quite a lot

What!?
Call it arrogance if you like, I've Always, ALWAYS, seen Ayr as the better/bigger team. Yeah, fair play, they have an ex premiership striker in Stephen Dobbie but that's about it... 
Yeah, they made it to Europe by throwing money at it. 
I always think Q.o.s and remember the likes of John Dodds getting first team games because he couldn't get a first team game at Ayr. 
I agree.

But look at the last decade; the stats don't lie.

They're an established second tier team and they reached the Scottish cup final.

We've been in league 1 more often than not in the same time period, and haven't managed to sustain even one survival in the championship.

Until we can better them consistently, they're the target.

48 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've put in a bid for Shankland according to one of our fan pages. Says you value him at around 250k whereas we have bid closer to the 100k mark. 

Wait till he's put you out the cup first. 

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

This time last year I missed the first 2 goals away at Annan due to a 10 minute delay getting in as everyone was being searched - asked one of the policewomen why this was when it was hardly a big crowd / volatile fixture and she said they had been told that Ayr were deemed a 'high risk' crowd, that's obviously an away game but still possibly explains why we are charged quite a lot

I remember the Away game on 2nd January at Stranraer, the 'Ayr young team' were walking about with swagger and causing a terrible commotion with the opposition fans. 

Oh, those terrible young hooligans! Roughly 10 of them, looked Aged between 10-15 and a can of Dragon soop between them, calling them any swear word they had learned from a clearly harsh upbringing. 

Had to laugh. Even the 'average, normal, match watching and clearly more educated' Ayr fans were getting annoyed at them. They caused a riot and had a few fights with the odd stranraer fan, I couldn't get over the charade of 'pure hardness' and 'wait tae eftur the game n well punch his c**t in!' 

One of the boys started on a fella, a fellow Ayr fan and the guy just held him there, while the wee guy squaked and had tears in his eyes.... 'Aye, well then, I'll get you later wae ma mates!' 

This, I personally believe, is why we have police presence and bag searches at games. Due to the uneducated knob ends, who sneak into games with drink, act the c**t, give pelters to both sides and ask for fights. Is there any need? 

Edited by Roxanne's man

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've put in a bid for Shankland according to one of our fan pages. Says you value him at around 250k whereas we have bid closer to the 100k mark. 

You'll certainly not be getting him for that pittance, probably just an attempt at keeping the fans happy for a week or 2.

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You'll certainly not be getting him for that pittance, probably just an attempt at keeping the fans happy for a week or 2.

With all due respect, I don't think any club would be willing to bid more considering he has some previous baggage. 

That's not to suggest it's not a pittance though.

Jesus hope this isn't true regarding Shankland, since we haven't sold a player for a fee since Stevo went to Hearts how much did Hearts pay for him, pretty sure i remember at the time we weren't happy at the club letting him go for fairly cheap.

I'm not playing him down in anyway becauase he's a phenominal player but can't see anyone being stupid enough to pay quarter of a million for Shankland because realisticaly he'll probably go to a Premiership club for free next summer.

You do have to wonder though if any big money offer is recieved if it will be considered by the club, somewhat doubt it as we all know the importance of Shankland, he's almost the god of the club. 

Jesus wish i hadn't looked at this, going to be having nightmares!

Edited by rb123!

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

With all due respect, I don't think any club would be willing to bid more considering he has some previous baggage. 

That's not to suggest it's not a pittance though.

In the year or so that he's been at Ayr, the only baggage I've saw, is award after award and goal after goal.

9 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

In the year or so that he's been at Ayr, the only baggage I've saw, is award after award and goal after goal.

In League One, we've been burned by a player that destroyed that league before in El Bak.

Shankland wasn't so impressive in his last stint in the Championship, nevermind the step-up to the Prem so there is considerable risk involved which plays perfectly into your hands tbf.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do Dundee even have 100k to spend?

If they're serious I hope we can expect the full fee paid upfront, would hate for you guys to get into financial trouble and be unable to pay your debts.......... again.

Of course I would much rather we told you to stick your money up your arse. I'm sure Lawrence will see his future at a higher level than Dundee who will be in a 3 way battle to avoid ending up in the same league he's in now anyway. If it wasn't for rookie Kenny MIller's Lavy and the permacrap Accies, Dundee would be an absolute stick on for relegation this year.

Survival this season will be worth a lot more than 100k. Need to remember Shankland had the opportunity to leave in the summer for a lot more money, but opted to stay for less. Who says he wants to leave ?

Remember last time here, we rejected a substantial bid for Balatoni. I don’t expect him to leave.