The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Does anyone remember big Ally Graham scoring a 30 yard screamer from the left wing (somerset road end) and then he turned round to the North Terracing and ran over celebrating while actually shouting to the fans "What a Fcuking goal" !!
It was hilarious !!!

I do
I also remember him hammering in a goal at the Somerset Road end, dropping his shorts and doing jazz hands to the Ayr support, fortunately he was wearing keks

One of the reports in the newspaper was that he had mooned the away support

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He wasn’t exactly spoilt for choice back then. The way he’s playing now he could get a better move than Dundee.

Obviously he can't as even Dundee haven't made an offer.

He has done nothing yet mate. Anyone can score goals in the wee leagues. He has failed with the big boys before.

He’s clearly doing something right if he’s attracted so much attention from other clubs.

4 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

He has done nothing yet mate. Anyone can score goals in the wee leagues. He has failed with the big boys before.

This Lawrence Shankland hasn't, just the same as the Scott McKenna we watched in an Ayr strip bears no relation to the one currently filling an Aberdeen & Scotland jersey.

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I do
I also remember him hammering in a goal at the Somerset Road end, dropping his shorts and doing jazz hands to the Ayr support, fortunately he was wearing keks

One of the reports in the newspaper was that he had mooned the away support

I remember that. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s clearly doing something right if he’s attracted so much attention from other clubs.

I agree. I am sure the boy is too good for Ayr but I am not convinced he is good enough for the top flight. Not the worth the gamble for us anyway.  If we were to spend money I would hope it would be for a proven striker at a higher level.

3 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

I agree. I am sure the boy is too good for Ayr but I am not convinced he is good enough for the top flight. Not the worth the gamble for us anyway.  If we were to spend money I would hope it would be for a proven striker at a higher level.

It's a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy that one, if he was "proven" at SPL level or above, then he wouldn't be available to the likes of Dundee for £200k etc.

Quite amusing though that SPL clubs are willing to take a "gamble" on the likes of a French 2nd or 3rd tier player but not on a Scottish League 1 or Championship player.

Ironically the same SPL clubs then bemoan the fact that the English treat their players as poor and unproven etc but will happily pay multi millions for guys playing in League 1 in England.

You couldnae write it...................

Then I can only conclude that you've not seen him play recently.

Barring serious injury he'll be scoring goals regularly in the top league (or down south) in the next couple of years.

17 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy that one, if he was "proven" at SPL level or above, then he wouldn't be available to the likes of Dundee for £200k etc.

Quite amusing though that SPL clubs are willing to take a "gamble" on the likes of a French 2nd or 3rd tier player but not on a Scottish League 1 or Championship player.

Caulker was available to us and has played for Spurs, Liverpool and England! Anyway on the French 2nd tier remark - we would never pay a fee for them. That's why paying a fee for a player from a part time team would be a huge gamble.

2 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Caulker was available to us and has played for Spurs, Liverpool and England! Anyway on the French 2nd tier remark - we would never pay a fee for them. That's why paying a fee for a player from a part time team would be a huge gamble.

We aren’t part time. Next 

But Ayr aren’t part time...