The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No, Brett Pittman played as a number 10 last season in Kenny Jackets 4-2-3-1.

They finished last season with James Vaughan, Ollie Hawkins and Omar Bogle. Both Bogle and Vaughan have returned to their parent clubs which means there’s room for 2 strikers and one is Ellis Harrison (already signed). Harrison completely flopped last season at Ipswich and has only performed well in L1 so I wouldn’t say he’s a guaranteed starter. Hawkins did ok in the cup final vs Sunderland but his goal tally for the season wasn’t great so I don’t think he’s guaranteed either. There’s room for Shankland to go in there and play.

Who knows then, they've vanished from reports about Shankland though. Maybe one of the many clubs refusing to go close to Uniteds financial offer.

Shankland has one good season in the second tier, and United have offered him a deal that, all in with wages/bonuses/signing fees, breaches seven figures.
No other club in Scotland will touch that.
Arguing hes better than Cosgrove, who got 17 top flight goals last season, and Steven Naismith is just a daft hill to die on though.
Did in say he was better that them no, I said naysmith was getting older and has only scored 26 goals in his last 5 seasons and is very injury prone, Cosgrove is your old fashioned no 9 and completed different to Shankland and actually I think they would make a good front two, I have watched Shankland week in and week out for 2 years I know how good he could be and don't just take my word for it Ian MCall says he has the most potential and had the most impact big any player he has signed he's better that Dundee United and he doesn't care about the money as much as folk would think.

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Did in say he was better that them no, I said naysmith was getting older and has only scored 26 goals in his last 5 seasons and is very injury prone, Cosgrove is your old fashioned no 9 and completed different to Shankland and actually I think they would make a good front two, I have watched Shankland week in and week out for 2 years I know how good he could be and don't just take my word for it Ian MCall says he has the most potential and had the most impact big any player he has signed he's better that Dundee United and he doesn't care about the money as much as folk would think.

Regardless, Aberdeen and Hearts will be looking for players with more pedigree, especially for the money United are offering.

That wouldnt be Shankland choosing money over them, just them choosing not to make an offer.

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like yer man Shankland has fucked himself by dragging his decision out for so long.

Sunderland hiring a new DoF who doesnt want him.

Hearts, Hibs and Portsmouth all moved on to other targets (Washington, Doidge, Harrison), and Rangers only held an interest until the interest in Morelos was ended.

No Scottish top flight team interested can compete financially with Dundee United.

There were over 30 teams at one point interested. Until very recently Hull and Notts Forest were among those. Considering the bulk of the main summer transfers still haven’t happened then don’t see why Shankland has fucked himself. On saying that how many players have fucked themselves joining Dundee Utd over the last few seasons 

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Regardless, Aberdeen and Hearts will be looking for players with more pedigree, especially for the money United are offering.

That wouldnt be Shankland choosing money over them, just them choosing not to make an offer.

What's with this obsession with Shankland ?

Have you even seen him play ?

Anyway, he's left us so not our concern anymore...................

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

What's with this obsession with Shankland ?

Have you even seen him play ?

Anyway, he's left us so not our concern anymore...................

He isn’t obsessed with Shankland - he’s obsessed with trawling around the forum trying to appear as if he’s in the know on all manner of transfer news. It’s quite sad.

It’s not really Shanklands fault if he ends up without a move down south. He was all set for Sunderland but had to wait until the takeover was complete. If that’s no longer possible due to complications then it’s unfortunate for him but not much he could’ve done about it.

I’m far more interested in who we sign rather than who he signs for. If that’s Dundee United then so be it.

47 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

He isn’t obsessed with Shankland - he’s obsessed with trawling around the forum trying to appear as if he’s in the know on all manner of transfer news. It’s quite sad.

I mean, I literally post the name of folk who I'm just relaying the rumours from constantly.

Alan Nixon and Scott Burns this time.

The bitterness and disrespect towards United here is laughable. For one none of you lot know the state of our finances. We may easily be able to afford these offers with the input from the Ogrens.

We are currently in the championship yes. We have to win the league this year which is not guaranteed but will be likely with two or three quality additions including Shankland. The fact is he would be joining the 6th biggest club in Scotland. Our aim will be to be in top six immediately upon our return which is a good shop window. He will make a fortune as well so all in all its not too bad for him.

The bitterness and disrespect towards United here is laughable. For one none of you lot know the state of our finances. We may easily be able to afford these offers with the input from the Ogrens.

We are currently in the championship yes. We have to win the league this year which is not guaranteed but will be likely with two or three quality additions including Shankland. The fact is he would be joining the 6th biggest club in Scotland. Our aim will be to be in top six immediately upon our return which is a good shop window. He will make a fortune as well so all in all its not too bad for him.
I thought you lot 'had to win the league' in the first year down, and certainly heard that phrase at the start of last season.

Third time lucky eh?

The bitterness and disrespect is well deserved. It would be the same towards anyone else in your position. Suck it up.

What have Dundee Utd done to deserve respect? You’re starting to sound like an OF fan by saying things like that.

A move down south is still the best option. This is pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Your no even the biggest club in Dundee never mind 6th biggest club in Scotland

Is that option still there though? Seems like everyone is pulling the plug down South. Outwith the OF Edinburgh Clubs and Aberdeen we are his best option in Scotland. So if he joins suck it up and dont be bitter please.

No one knows what his options are.

As I’ve said though, he’s no longer our player so I don’t see why any of us would bother where he goes. No doubt you’ll try and make a bigger deal out of that than the actual signing.

Disrespect towards United [emoji23][emoji23] Don't cry m9.
For the record I don't care where shankland ends up, he is not an ayr player anymore. Would rather it not be all that our fans chat about.

Right moving on.

Friendly on Tuesday night, chances of any trialists?

Hopefully another signing next week as well.
Read that some of Celtics squad are coming back from their camp early for more of the established international players to join up if Doohan come back would be a good sign for us doubt he will sign up before Tuesday.