The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, North British said:

So that looks like the keeper conundrum is fixed . So now we’re scouting a centre forward , anyone got any ideas ? 

Bruce Anderson would be my preference, although he came off the bench for Aberdeen today so maybe he's staying there this season

22 minutes ago, North British said:

So that looks like the keeper conundrum is fixed . So now we’re scouting a centre forward , anyone got any ideas ? 

I have no idea who it will be but it is really a crucial position and they need to be guaranteed to be a success so preferably it will be someone from the Scottish Premiership. Down south is an option but for every Jordan Preston and Aaron Drinan there is a Jamie Thomas. 

I have no idea who it will be but it is really a crucial position and they need to be guaranteed to be a success so preferably it will be someone from the Scottish Premiership. Down south is an option but for every Jordan Preston and Aaron Drinan there is a Jamie Thomas. 
They need to be guaranteed to be a success?

Calm doon.

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Pretty much agree with the above, this is the final piece of the jigsaw for us, it’s the hardest position on the park , so we have to get a good one .  

No signing is a guaranteed success. Dundee have signed Charlie Adam but given that Dorrans was a bit underwhelming last season I’m avoiding saying that he’ll be a guaranteed success.

The striker we sign may not have much of a track record to speak of so it’s going to be a gamble regardless. In an ideal world we get someone in who can score between 10-15 goals.

38 minutes ago, North British said:

Well, after that great loan signing of Stephen Kelly from Rangers last year, there is the potential to keep that trend going. 

Dapo Mebude or Josh Mcpake would do a turn 🤔 Mebude is playing for Scotland under 21s and apparently plays similar to Raheem Sterling (I've not seen it to believe it yet 😂) Mcpake was on loan at Dundee last season and went through an injury spell 🙄 and was recalled. 

Like rb123 said, Bruce Anderson would be a good signing. 

David Mcmillan and Alex Jones are out of contract and last played for Falkirk (loan from St.Johnstone) and Partick Thistle Nil. Both play as Attackers. 

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Well, after that great loan signing of Stephen Kelly from Rangers last year, there is the potential to keep that trend going. 

Dapo Mebude or Josh Mcpake would do a turn 🤔 Mebude is playing for Scotland under 21s and apparently plays similar to Raheem Sterling (I've not seen it to believe it yet 😂) Mcpake was on loan at Dundee last season and went through an injury spell 🙄 and was recalled. 

Like rb123 said, Bruce Anderson would be a good signing. 

David Mcmillan and Alex Jones are out of contract and last played for Falkirk (loan from St.Johnstone) and Partick Thistle Nil. Both play as Attackers. 

Josh McPake is close to signing for Morton apparently. David McMillan was terrible for a league 1 Falkirk side so no thanks to him. 

Could be wrong but if Drinan is anything to go by it’s a centre forward we are looking for . If McCall hadn’t pounced on Graham and Rudden for Thistle then one of those might have been in our sights . If it’s a Premier player we’re after ,he’s going to be fourth or fifth choice .  Anderson of Aberdeen isn’t such a bad shout but can he lead the line Drinan style .? Don’t know much about him to be fair .

Noticed Scott Tiffoney started for Livingston on Saturday against celtic so we'll not be getting him back.

Thought he was actually one of their brightest players, looks like we missed seeing a really good player thanks to the early season shutdown.

14 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Josh McPake is close to signing for Morton apparently. David McMillan was terrible for a league 1 Falkirk side so no thanks to him. 

McMillan signed for Dundalk anyway, and scored for them in the Europa League on Thursday.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

So with new lockdown restrictions #imminent it doesn't look like fans will be in anytime soon, if at all this season.....

An absolute joke really. We don’t shut down the world when the flu is wiping out folk every year. I don’t see why we couldn’t have at least 1000 fans scattered around Somerset and have us wear face coverings