The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It was Pixellot that Partick used, one camera, static, no replays, can change the zoom but that's about it, lowQ broadcast. 

Tbf it's meant for being similar to watching a game on  your phone on Skybet rather than casting up to a 60 inch TV.

There was also a moment in the second half where the camera starting following pigeons rather than the ball.

25 minutes ago, HMIP said:

You got some problem with that?  We shouldn’t be having this debate?  Our national game is being driven into a ditch and the 2 organisations that run our game have just gone on national radio and stated it is a political rather than clinical choice.  If that’s not worth discussing, then I don’t know what is.  

No it's just a tedious continuation of the same thing over and over

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

So cinemas, shopping centres, gyms, restaurants, pubs are all more important than football? Who makes up what is in the sectors? Comedy and music predominantly indoors how can football be in the same category?
Seems to me your more interested in supporting the government than supporting Scottish football.

Every shopping centre that's open is less safe than every football stadium and had to jump through less hoops simply because of how many people work in them, both they and schools should not be open regardless of fans in or out of football stadiums. 

5 minutes ago, RedEd said:

There was also a moment in the second half where the camera starting following pigeons rather than the ball.

Goalie took a goal kick and when the ball crossed the half way line it panned back to focus on a ball out of play rather than continuing 

Not just us having issues then. 

It completely missed one of the goals in our game because it was focusing on midfield for too long.  Basically any quick movement of the ball over distance seems to catch it out. 

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

So cinemas, shopping centres, gyms, restaurants, pubs are all more important than football? Who makes up what is in the sectors? Comedy and music predominantly indoors how can football be in the same category?
Seems to me your more interested in supporting the government than supporting Scottish football.

The comment I was answering was that the Government haven't made it clear. 

They were reviewing changes based on three week periods, based on 1 week incubation, 1 week with symptoms and any hospitalization being required was statistically in the third week. 

They reduce restrictions and in three weeks, if there is no significant impact, they reduce more. 

Retail came in two releases, small scale and large scale. both with little impact, apart from a chemist in Inverclyde. I don't know of any around shopping centers.  

Pubs and restaurants were a gradual release, with only outdoors and then indoors. A few clusters have originated in pubs. Therefore, a delay in further restrictions being removed. Local restrictions imposed

Football test events were carried out, successfully. But further were cancelled due to - 

Schools and Universities, major case increase, coming in to the cold and flu season. 

10 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

So cinemas, shopping centres, gyms, restaurants, pubs are all more important than football? Who makes up what is in the sectors? 

Retail sector, hospitality sector, leisure industry, these are already defined sectors. The reason? They employ a lot of people, more than football I would guess. The furlough scheme was not going to last forever.

12 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Comedy and music predominantly indoors how can football be in the same category?

They are medium to large scale events

12 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I have been paying attention to what is being said and understand why they are doing what they are doing and have been pretty transparent about it. I think there needs to be a government cash injection or grant to clubs in need that is based on due diligence and genuine need and not just giving every club £100k  

25 minutes ago, HMIP said:

This is where the point is being so badly missed.  They are saying if the government could explain to them why there is excessive risk in reopening football then so be it, we’ll just have to muddle through even if it means losing clubs.  But they haven’t.  Basic questions have been asked by the SFA and SPFL about why it is safe to reopen pubs and no answer is being given.  If the government wants people to buy into their strategy, particularly where it is causing serious economic damage, then they need to open their mouths and explain it to people.

So the plan from the start has been fans fully back in then ok. If not then clubs are likely to go bust? Does that seem like a concrete plan in light of all the uncertainty. Would it not have been better putting some of the leagues into hibernation? 

Edited by AyrExile

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

It completely missed one of the goals in our game because it was focusing on midfield for too long.  Basically any quick movement of the ball over distance seems to catch it out. 

Fortunately we are not using it by the sound of it :lol:

17 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Ahhh, okay. I'd be interested to see it as it sound like watching on sky sports when you can switch cameras and obviously I presume it would switch cameras too automatically. Which sounds really cool.

Yeah, I had it on my TV via the xbox. I did enjoy it but felt I was quite far away from the action. I didnt realise it had zoom. 😳

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54062392

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Maybe it just got confused with Brechin actually scoring a goal? 

I think Doncaster et al are right to apply some pressure as it has been shows that it works - sounds like he did it in his usual incompetent manner though. There are pretty clear arguments as to why fans should be back but do your research and present it well FFS. 

13 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

So the plan from the start has been fans fully back in then ok. If not then clubs are likely to go bust? Does that seem like a concrete plan in light of all the uncertainty. Would it not have been better putting some of the leagues into hibernation? 

No, that has never been the plan.  The plan was to get limited crowds in based on safety protocols developed through test games.  These test games appear to have been highly successful, but have now been stopped without explanation from the Scottish Government.  I think that’s the source of frustration.  The people who are responsible for running our game have a responsibility to protect the interests of our game and clearly can’t just accept being told “no, no, no” from the government without further explanation.  As is evidenced by some of the posts on these pages, it is evident that some people are happy to blindly accept everything the government says as being irrefutable and beyond challenge,  The people running our game need to do better.

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

No, that has never been the plan.  The plan was to get limited crowds in based on safety protocols developed through test games.  These test games appear to have been highly successful, but have now been stopped without explanation from the Scottish Government.  I think that’s the source of frustration.  The people who are responsible for running our game have a responsibility to protect the interests of our game and clearly can’t just accept being told “no, no, no” from the government without further explanation.  As is evidenced by some of the posts on these pages, it is evident that some people are happy to blindly accept everything the government says as being irrefutable and beyond challenge,  The people running our game need to do better.

Suppose the point is where do you start with the govt and the bizarre decision making. It’s a long list of sectors with grievances and some still completely shut down. Doncaster is correct to call the govt out and lobby for football. I really hope he was painting the disaster scenario as if much of that comes true he’s well and truly failed 

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

They both said on the radio that they have a good relationship with the sports minister and said they had a meeting with him next week. Why do they not ask him then rather than come on radio Scotland and blame the government specifically. They also said that if they couldn't get crowds in, they would scale back on community work. This was said as a threat, if you don't give in, we'll not do community coaching etc. 

If the government are saying that no crowds will be allowed, even until Christmas, why are they not asking for money to pay for the community aspects of their clubs to keep them going? making that public. 

There is still no sponsors for any of the leagues, they could have offered some kind of partnership on that front rather than trying to stir up whatever they were stirring up. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There is still no sponsors for any of the leagues, they could have offered some kind of partnership on that front rather than trying to stir up whatever they were stirring up. 

There's an idea 💡 I like it. 👍

They both said on the radio that they have a good relationship with the sports minister and said they had a meeting with him next week. Why do they not ask him then rather than come on radio Scotland and blame the government specifically. They also said that if they couldn't get crowds in, they would scale back on community work. This was said as a threat, if you don't give in, we'll not do community coaching etc. 
If the government are saying that no crowds will be allowed, even until Christmas, why are they not asking for money to pay for the community aspects of their clubs to keep them going? making that public. 

They are hardly going to say that they can’t stand the sports minister when he is key to getting funding and getting fans back. I suggest they came on radio to put pressure on him prior to their meeting on Monday.
I am sure they are asking for cash support and some fans back in.
I also believe that this government are very aware of public pressure and they will eventually need to give in, if we as fans keep putting pressure on them.