The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

What was the Score today? Was too busy shouting at germans on the TV  (not a regular thing, I promise!) 

I've looked up these players and seem decent enough, however Adeloye played for East Kilbride. Is the Scottish championship that big a step up? As I've noticed a lot of these lower league teams have money for players. Darvel for example. 

Mohammadu Faal is the type of skyscraper sized person Hopkin needs for his long ball tactics to go anywhere. Though looks like he'd break in two if he came across a Jamie Adams type defender 😅

The Keeper, Charlie Albinson, looks young enough to still keep learning, would give Mcadams competition. 

I have hope these trialists work out 🤞 

6 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

What was the Score today? Was too busy shouting at germans on the TV  (not a regular thing, I promise!) 

I've looked up these players and seem decent enough, however Adeloye played for East Kilbride. Is the Scottish championship that big a step up? As I've noticed a lot of these lower league teams have money for players. Darvel for example. 

Mohammadu Faal is the type of skyscraper sized person Hopkin needs for his long ball tactics to go anywhere. Though looks like he'd break in two if he came across a Jamie Adams type defender 😅

The Keeper, Charlie Albinson, looks young enough to still keep learning, would give Mcadams competition. 

I believe Adeloye only played 30 minutes for EK and scored twice in a 9-0 thrashing, then their season ended due to COVID. He certainly has potential.

42 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I believe Adeloye only played 30 minutes for EK and scored twice in a 9-0 thrashing, then their season ended due to COVID. He certainly has potential.

Sign them both! Can’t be any worse than Andy  O’Connell.

Faal was at Bolton after hitting 20 goals in 23 games for Enfield. He can’t be that bad surely.

7 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

We won 2 nil pal. With both trialist strikers scoring. Adeloye looked a handful but it is one game let's see how he gets on in the next one. Although Faal scored he looked less convincing a bit arms and legs for me. Midfield was too easily overrun, it really emphasises where we know we need to strengthen.

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not even lying when I say I’d love it if he came to us. One of my favourite loanees at Ayr.

Aye, I remember the start of that particular season fondly where Preston and Moore were on fire.

8 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Looks like Bell's doing the same at Partick so maybe not!!

On the forwards, Faal seems to have the better scoring record, though at a lower level, but Adeloye probably the better player. I know they have both come from the National league, but its not as if that is on a par with Auchinleck or Troon - National League now is Notts County, Halifax, Chesterfield, Grimsby, Southend, Wrexham etc and is probably on a par with our league - avg attendances range from 5500ish down to 750ish not saying that attendances have any baring on the standard of football, just gives an indication on how much they can spend on players

Faal  and Adeloye are different types of player, Adeloye looks like a target man type but also full of running(for 30min anyway, although he did take a knock) but Faal looks more of a ball to feet, better at holding up the ball than Adeloye. Despite Faal being about 7 foot tall.

it will be interesting how they do against Hearts. A. Because we’ll presumably be chasing shadows in midfield again and have less of the ball than we did tonight and B. They will be up against a good championship team in Hearts. I know they are a premier team but based on last seasons form, they were a good championship team as opposed to a premier team playing in the championship. 

The boy in the midfield, I don’t think he’s worth another look based on last night. 

20 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Looks like Bell's doing the same at Partick so maybe not!!

On the forwards, Faal seems to have the better scoring record, though at a lower level, but Adeloye probably the better player. I know they have both come from the National league, but its not as if that is on a par with Auchinleck or Troon - National League now is Notts County, Halifax, Chesterfield, Grimsby, Southend, Wrexham etc and is probably on a par with our league - avg attendances range from 5500ish down to 750ish not saying that attendances have any baring on the standard of football, just gives an indication on how much they can spend on players

That’s my thoughts. It’s an absolutely honking standard but so is the Scottish Championship.

there’s bound to be the odd gem kicking about.

I ended up going to Hampden last night so I missed our game. I haven’t checked yet but hopefully somewhere other than Black &White TV will have highlights up. Obviously not much can be judged from pre season but if I was a Stinlar fan I’d be worried about the upcoming season as from what I heard our defence wasn’t tested. long may that continue 

52 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I ended up going to Hampden last night so I missed our game. I haven’t checked yet but hopefully somewhere other than Black &White TV will have highlights up. Obviously not much can be judged from pre season but if I was a Stinlar fan I’d be worried about the upcoming season as from what I heard our defence wasn’t tested. long may that continue 

It was tested, Fjortoft almost played as a sweeper in front of a back 4, he was certainly playing a higher line than Muirhead and McGinty. They dealt with Stranraer having a run at them pretty well.  Apart from one ball that got caught under Fjortofts feet and caused a stramash on the edge of the 6 yard box, where they didn’t get a shot away, I don’t think they got further than the 18 yard line. We didn’t give them chances rather than they couldn’t create any.

Hamell in his specs and skinny jeans has them playing out from the back and everything on the deck. they looked reasonably well balanced and organised but if they can do that on rutted pitches in February is another matter. 

We could always rely on Shankland scoring goals himself whereas since he’s left it’s needed to be more of a team effort. However in recent seasons we’ve also lost McDaid, Forrest and McCowan who could always chip in with 4 or 5 and it’s harder to see where the goals are coming from this season (similar to last).

Could really do with either a Stevo or Pat McGinlay type midfielder who can take some of the pressure off the strikers.

Just now, GaryMc93 said:

We could always rely on Shankland scoring goals himself whereas since he’s left it’s needed to be more of a team effort. However in recent seasons we’ve also lost McDaid, Forrest and McCowan who could always chip in with 4 or 5 and it’s harder to see where the goals are coming from this season (similar to last).

Could really do with either a Stevo or Pat McGinlay type midfielder who can take some of the pressure off the strikers.

Yup - at the moment we don’t have a single player who will score more than a couple of goals in a season. Our current midfielders are in the zero goals scored category. 

11 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ive done a bit of digging and both Faal and Adeloye were at Barnet last season so will know each other. A Barnet fans page on twitter done a poll last month and 92% said they wanted to keep Adeloye while only 10% wanted to keep Faal. 

Adeloye was on trial last year with Kerr and about to sign when the Covid situation kicked in