The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Understandable but good luck to them trying to enforce sitting or standing regulations. I've been at Hampden and Muarryfield recently and folk turned a blind eye to seating arrangements as they wanted to sit with their pals etc 

Think it’s easier to manage at club level as crowds are only going to be 500-1000, never know how strict the clubs are going to be ,wither people obey the rules is one thing but clubs need to have the correct number of stewards available 

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Hopefully, but looking at current guidance from SPFL u would not bet on it 

Well if the Scottish government are saying that full crowds will be allowed from 9th August which is what we have been told then I see no reason why the SPFL would go against this.  I’d say it’s a complete shambles if they do and every single club should be pushing for it. 

12 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Unfortunately we need to follow rules and regulations issued to us 

Yeah, its not the clubs fault in the slightest. It's just a depressing read. But as FW says, hopefully when can go back to jumping on eachother after we score. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Well if the Scottish government are saying that full crowds will be allowed from 9th August which is what we have been told then I see no reason why the SPFL would go against this.  I’d say it’s a complete shambles if they do and every single club should be pushing for it. 

The SPFL is made up of the clubs, so there’s no way that would happen. I would like to think we would be applying for and being granted at least 1000 for the league cup games. I’m sure I saw another side in the leagues being granted 1000 for a game. 

Folk have had enough being told what to do. Football is supposed to be something fun and enjoyable (well depending on results) for a few hours. At hampden or murrayfield for example guys were arriving with their wife or son etc then being told to sit in the allocated seats 3 apart. Factor in the mask situation which about 90% of the crowd werent adhering to. Stewards are going to be fighting a losing battle 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The SPFL is made up of the clubs, so there’s no way that would happen. I would like to think we would be applying for and being granted at least 1000 for the league cup games. I’m sure I saw another side in the leagues being granted 1000 for a game. 

We have applied for larger numbers and hopefully council give us their blessing , typical council though are holding off giving a decision 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Folk have had enough being told what to do. Football is supposed to be something fun and enjoyable (well depending on results) for a few hours. At hampden or murrayfield for example guys were arriving with their wife or son etc then being told to sit in the allocated seats 3 apart. Factor in the mask situation which about 90% of the crowd werent adhering to. Stewards are going to be fighting a losing battle 

I think they will offer advise but going by what I saw at recent games advice will be ignored by the majority 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

We have applied for larger numbers and hopefully council give us their blessing , typical council though are holding off giving a decision 

Assumed that, not exactly surprising with them! Any worries I have on this stuff is on the councils end! 

I think the “it’s an Ayrshire thing” needs to be put to pasture, it just means dirty…..nah, bin it. Im not offended by it because I know the reason behind most folk singing it, but if you know the connotations then you shouldn’t feel comfortable singing it.
like Kilmarnock fans calling Ayr fans “D*****s” it’s not really the insult you think it is. Acceptable in the 80s, tolerated in the 90s, no longer part of society now and it needs to stop. 
on a similar nickname for opposition support, Like Ayr, Partizan Belgrade wear black and white, they wore a black training top with black shorts and Red Star fans thought it would be funny to call them, rather than a racial slur like Kilmarnock fans……Grobari, or “the undertakers” in English.
as this was quite a cool nickname, Partizan fans adopted it. 
Not sure adopting the Kilmarnock nickname would be good though

Fully agree.
Please not this debate again….
This is the perfect time to debate it, as we're not currently being attacked for being racist, and we've just signed a black player.

I've never sung it but I won't defend it anymore either. It's not racist but it's fucking insensitive, and does the club no favours at all.

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Might do a season ticket ballot, depending on numbers allowed in. I'm assuming they will leave it as late as possible on the chance guidance changes last minute? @Finlay21?

I think you are spot on , at least for Edinburgh game if council don’t pass our application , current cases in Ayrshire could influence their decision I would think 

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

One trialist starting and two on the bench for today. Presumably same three trialists from Tuesday. Michael Miller is back on the bench but still no sign of Nick McAllister or Jack Baird. 

I think McAllister has picked up a minor injury , Baird has no injury , more likely a T&T issue 

Edited by Finlay21

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

One trialist starting and two on the bench for today. Presumably same three trialists from Tuesday. Michael Miller is back on the bench but still no sign of Nick McAllister or Jack Baird. 

Hopefully Hopkin has fired Baird into the sea!