The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Apologies for the rant (read on if you dare)

WTF? That can't be true... does covid discriminate whether you're standing or sitting.

The SG's credibility is hanging by a thread. That's utterly utterly pathetic. I can't wait to hear clownshoes try and justify that. 

star trek spock GIF

Edited by Trogdor

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Apologies for the rant (read on if you dare)

WTF? That can't be true... does covid discriminate whether you're standing or sitting.

The SG's credibility is hanging by a thread. That's utterly utterly pathetic. I can't wait to hear clownshoes try and justify that. 

star trek spock GIF

It’s the perceived behaviour. If you are sitting you are less likely to wander about or be more mobile than you would be sitting. 
if it is going to be 1000 for a few weeks, they need to do an opt-in for season tickets. If someone isn’t going then their place could be put up for public sale. 

although if the system they would use is the same as the ticketing one…..f**k that. 

Just now, AUFC 1910 said:

Oh well, that’s not too bad then if that’s the case - not too long to wait

Yeah IF (and that's big if probably) that changes on that date then it's only Falkirk in the cup and Arbroath in the league that it covers. 

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s the perceived behaviour. If you are sitting you are less likely to wander about or be more mobile than you would be sitting. 
if it is going to be 1000 for a few weeks, they need to do an opt-in for season tickets. If someone isn’t going then their place could be put up for public sale. 

although if the system they would use is the same as the ticketing one…..f**k that. 

All depends if ST break 1000, but yeah was talking to my boss yesterday about STs and he was saying with his Rangers one if they can’t make a game they can put that game up for sale on their ticket website. 

All depends if ST break 1000, but yeah was talking to my boss yesterday about STs and he was saying with his Rangers one if they can’t make a game they can put that game up for sale on their ticket website. 
Ayr, my mate has a season for them. They don't get the money, I think they knock a percent off their next season book.

Can you imagine Ayr trying to run a similar scheme successfully? Nope, me neither.

9th August  , which was meant to be capacity, but don’t know what they will come up with 
As much as I'd like to go earlier than that, i guess I'll just have to wait.

A season ticket just wouldn't make sense for me.

Very frustrating.

14 minutes ago, super_carson said:

How come we're allowed 500 when Ayr is in level 2, which is the capacity for outdoors seated under the current guidelines yet in level 0 we have to go by the standing capacity?  

Or am I being stupid and missed something?

Its a confusing situation all round. 12,500 fans was the maximum number allowed in during level 2 which has now fallen to 2000 at level 0

4 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Unfortunately, it hasn’t yet clicked in all areas, but still a lot to be happy about medium to long term.

We don’t have a lot of what other established championship clubs have, which is alternative revenue streams and larger staff numbers which can all be seen as ‘investments’ and ‘essential’ by some, and ‘non-essential’ by others.

I feel we are trying to establish ourselves still as a championship club, and probably need to grow the off pitch team at the same time, to try and grow all aspects ( communication, engagement, sponsorship etc etc etc ).

There is lots that has improved and got better, but of course there is still a way to go.

Needs money and investment, and that looks like what the chairman is doing - not just throwing money at the players, but building up a much better infrastructure to self support and generate more income over short, medium and long term.

Just need a bit of luck with new signings to help keep us fans happy on the pitch side of things

I think this is very fair, but the key question is whether we have the right people in place in key positions. I don't have enough visibility of the commercial aspects to judge, but I do know that the people running our media service do not have the skills or experience to do a good (or even just acceptable) job. We all saw the omnishambles of last season's streaming and yet those people are still running it. That makes me think that Smith is not able to make decisions detached from sentiment. If we extrapolate that to other key roles in the club then it would be a problem.