The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, honestly united said:

Good signing off the park, hopefully he is able to make some goods one's on the park.

Its a positive sign and lifts the mood but only until the end of Jan if we dont get the right players in, but its a big step in the right direction.

You wonder how long Smith has been working on this, given the reluctance to advertise the managers job / let Duffy take the reigns short term. Maybe wanted Mathie on board first to ensure they got the correct long term manager

That's a good point not just related to the manager but the club as a whole. Apart from the hub project many other things have drifted along or went quiet. Recruiting people can take time and probably lots happened in the background getting there , Now we have someone in charge i would expect change and movement across all areas of the club.  Hopefully having Mathie will make it easier to get some funds together for January and some extra contacts for players

Doubt we'll hear much more from Smith now as he focuses on his building work and lets Mathie get on with the footballing side of things. We've now got two guys running two different sides to the club in which they are both very experienced in so thats a positive. 

I remain convinced that Duffy will be here until the summer but it does cast doubt over his future a bit so it would be good to hear from Mathie about his plans for January and the summer. 

Late to the party on this one but fair play to Smith, quite pleased with that appointment. Gives a slightly more positive spin to the prospect of the January window. Also really hope this leads to better managerial appointments down the line. Agree with D'Jaffo about liking the idea of each of them running the parts of the club they're good at. Here's hoping it all works.

2 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Maybe now that your Chairman had shown some ambition, you’ll start to attend games and back the club up. A few hundred diehards turning up will get you nowhere. Reward the man.

A poem by Roxanne's Man. Age 31 and a half.

"*Your name is Billy Bowie

Owner of Billy Bowie Tankers

You are the chairman of Kilmarnock FC

Which makes you a f*ckin w*nker!*"

Thank you.

I Would also like to add this.

'It was revealed in 2021 that, under Bowie's ownership, the club had been forced to apply to the Scottish Government for a loan sum of £1 million as the club are expected to post a seven figure loss as a result of the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic in Scotland towards football.'

So um... Yup 👍😁 

IMG_1639501680074.png

Be interesting seeing what the next steps are. If Mathie is going to be the public face of the club then you would expect an interview with him to be up on the club website soon explaining his role and his hopes etc. If there isn't then that would be concerning. 

One of the biggest changes to the club structure in years deserves and should have an interview. It would also be good to have one with Smith as well. Even if it coincides with the new commercial manager. 

I don't expect any swift changes but now would be the time to make them, it would allow a settling in period and time to get things right to hopefully achieve mediocrity and cement a mid-table place. 

15 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Seems a decent move for you guys. Now to get yourself a real coach/ manager. McCall anyone? Lol.

I think McCall is more interested in Mathie's style of job in the coming years. 

Probably the first time since McCall left that we've had someone in the club with a fairly decent sized network of connections within the game. That needs to be utilised when it comes to looking for players and a new manager. 

Wonder how many names Duffy will have to score off his list of potential transfer targets in January after Mathie gets him telt. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

A poem by Roxanne's Man. Age 31 and a half.

"*Your name is Billy Bowie

Owner of Billy Bowie Tankers

You are the chairman of Kilmarnock FC

Which makes you a f*ckin w*nker!*"

Thank you.

I Would also like to add this.

'It was revealed in 2021 that, under Bowie's ownership, the club had been forced to apply to the Scottish Government for a loan sum of £1 million as the club are expected to post a seven figure loss as a result of the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic in Scotland towards football.'

So um... Yup 👍😁 

IMG_1639501680074.png

He also threw a party to celebrate Kilmarnock getting relegated.

19 hours ago, rb123! said:

We maybe can't crowd w**k but we can now Managing Director w**k

"WE'VE GOT A BETTER MD THAN YOUUU"

You've clearly got a better one than we have.

We still dont know what ours is for and cant even agree on what his title/role is.

I believe Mathie was mentioned in connection for us before he decided on Hibs and we got lumped with James Fowler.

Good appointment.....unfortunately, and a clear sign that your owner knows more about the game than ours does, and a sign of positive things to come.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Probably the first time since McCall left that we've had someone in the club with a fairly decent sized network of connections within the game. That needs to be utilised when it comes to looking for players and a new manager. 

Wonder how many names Duffy will have to score off his list of potential transfer targets in January after Mathie gets him telt. 

Would be smashing if he was using his head of recruitment experience, Duffy left as a head coach rather than manager.  

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Would be smashing if he was using his head of recruitment experience, Duffy left as a head coach rather than manager.  

I'd imagine he'll be involved in the conversation when it comes to recruitment but the manager will also have a say. 

I don't want to rewrite history or pretend he was a brilliant coach but I think this would've been a move that would have hugely benefitted Mark Kerr. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'd imagine he'll be involved in the conversation when it comes to recruitment but the manager will also have a say. 

I don't want to rewrite history or pretend he was a brilliant coach but I think this would've been a move that would have hugely benefitted Mark Kerr. 

Duffy shouldn't have a say in anything. He doesn't give a f**k and is going through the motions. He won't make it to January.