The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Apologies for crashing your thread but curious to hear your thoughts.

Steven Bradley has banged in 4 in 3 games for Dundalk in the LOI, I know the LOI is probably about on par with the Championship but Dundalk are probably one of the better clubs there and that’s some return and he didn’t seem to get a sniff at Ayr.

Purple patch or not used properly with you guys? Any thoughts?

Edited by Les Cabbage

I'm not buying that the league of Ireland is on a par with the championship.  However, Stephen Bradley is a player, he's less effective behind a striker or out wide than actually playing up top with someone.

Steven Bradley has banged in 4 in 3 games for Dundalk in the LOI, I know the LOI is probably about on par with the Championship but Dundalk are probably one of the better clubs there and that’s some return and he didn’t seem to get a sniff at Ayr.

Not used nearly enough by Jim Duffy. No idea why as he was comfortably our most talented player and our record with him in the team was better than when he was out. If he can bulk up a bit then he’ll have a good future.

11 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

He was inconsistent but worth persevering with over some of the other players that started in front of him. Seemed to need a boot up the arse occasionally to get him going but he stood out when he did. 

If we had other managers in place other than Duffy or Hopkin he might have been given more opportunity to shine. 

He'll have a future in the game certainly, if he gets a bit of consistency then he could be a real asset for Hibs. 

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

The boy can play but was not used enough by the two managers who wanted us to get relegated.

Yes those two.

31 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

The boy can play but was not used enough by the two managers who wanted us to get relegated.

Yes those two.

1 manager ,Hopkin left 2 days after signing him 

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I'm not buying that the league of Ireland is on a par with the championship.

You have seen Championship games right?! I've seen some LOI games on my travels, there is a drop off for sure but their top end teams would be on a par with most of our Championship. 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

You have seen Championship games right?! I've seen some LOI games on my travels, there is a drop off for sure but their top end teams would be on a par with most of our Championship. 

Aye our championship is rubbish, it's about league one standard for the most part. 

I completely get Hopkin was a terrible manger for us however the amount of people holding him responsible for the Bradley situation is mental.

He only signed him a couple of days before he re-signed. 

The blame lies squarely with Duffy. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I completely get Hopkin was a terrible manger for us however the amount of people holding him responsible for the Bradley situation is mental.

He only signed him a couple of days before he re-signed. 

The blame lies squarely with Duffy. 

Duffy was as bad as Hopkin. I could forgive folk for confusing them given how crap the football was.

Aye, Bradley was criminally under utilised by Duffy. Always looked more dangerous than anything else we had imo. A bit lightweight, but that's hardly uncommon for a young forward player. Had the ability to really change games, like when he came on away at Morton and scored a screamer. Also seem to remember him playing quite well in the win away at Hamilton, I think.

I literally just switched sportsound on to listen to the Arbroath v Thistle game. I heard Jim Duffy's voice and proceeded to switch it off. Arbroath are winning 1 nil incidentally but I cannot stomach listening to that man. An utter imposter of a football manager whose opinion would be best kept to himself.

It is a pretty depressing thought that we could have had an actual football player in Bradley playing on our right hand side right now. 

I mind him being brilliant first half against Killie, then barely getting a look in again. 

I think Bradley would’ve got a fairer shot with Bullen. I know he doesn’t exactly favour the attacking options we’ve got but I’m not sure he rates O’Connor all that much nor Gondoh for that matter. Think he’d rather go with the hardworking pair in Maxwell and McKenzie for now. What Bradley doesn’t give you in tracking back he’d more than make up for with his attacking intent. Far better than anything else we’ve got right now.