The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

In around 1 hour mark and yes it takes a few beers to watch

That's is one of the most cringy things I've ever seen....😂😂😂

On that note I remember an occasion where we travelled to Stranraer where Mr McWilliam kept telling us to behave and don't get too pished on the bus..

When we arrived at Stranraer Bill was absolutely smeekeked and started a fight in the doorway of the Stranraer pub...😂😂 1 minute after getting off the bus.

And ofcoarse we sang that song about his trianers all the way home ....lol

Great day 😃

9 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Totally unconnected but does anybody have the  footage of when Bill Mcwilliams started crying when Iain McCall met the fans? I mind watching a clip of him holding up his big Doctor who scarf and going "this scarf..." before weeping. Trying to tell my pal but it needs to be seen. Proper 4-5 cans viewing. 

😂😂😂

On 05/07/2023 at 12:46, itzdrk said:

I went to the last "no fans permitted" game against us at Ralston.  There was an open gate and nobody about, wasn't exactly clandestine activity to get in.  

That's just popped up as 8 years ago today.  

FB_IMG_1688799222270.jpg

11 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Totally unconnected but does anybody have the  footage of when Bill Mcwilliams started crying when Iain McCall met the fans? I mind watching a clip of him holding up his big Doctor who scarf and going "this scarf..." before weeping. Trying to tell my pal but it needs to be seen. Proper 4-5 cans viewing. 

This can be parsed as either Bill, Ian or the viewer being 4-5 cans in.

15 hours ago, diege said:

Viaplay Cup games are better than training friendlies, and if we cant compete positively against Stirling Albion, Stenhousemuir or Alloa with the squad we have then yes, I'll be worried

Can anyone remember as far back as the distant memory of this time last season, before Akinyemi located his shooting boots?

4 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Im sure after the league cup games nearly everyone was convinced he was a dud

The difference being he immediately started scoring goals, whereas Ashford continued to hit things directly at the keeper for the entire season.

7 minutes ago, honestly united said:

If Dipo does not spark that comeback against Queens Park in the 2nd game of the season who knows what would have happened, I really don't know if Bullen would have lasted much longer after the disaster of the league Cup and then being blown away by a team just promoted from 4th place in league one.

37 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Can anyone remember as far back as the distant memory of this time last season, before Akinyemi located his shooting boots?

I distinctly remember Dipo and Ashford hitting the post a combined 327 times against QOS before they then pumped us 3-0. 

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I distinctly remember Dipo and Ashford hitting the post a combined 327 times against QOS before they then pumped us 3-0. 

The games was one of those you see about every twenty years . The chances we missed were incredible , on another day we win that game 7-3 .. It was a matter of millimetres at times . I felt we would be ok and that Dipo would bag plenty . 
The second half at Queens Park a little later was a class and got us up and running . 

31 minutes ago, Peil said:

Fitba hings, wee mans first game today 😎

That's Brilliant! Make sure to make the most of it! Hopefully the Panda is kicking about 😊

Hope he has a brilliant time and Ayr win today!  (My wee man has been to six games and has never seen Ayr win)

21 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

That's Brilliant! Make sure to make the most of it! Hopefully the Panda is kicking about 😊

Hope he has a brilliant time and Ayr win today!  (My wee man has been to six games and has never seen Ayr win)

4th time lucky, his 2 big brothers and sister all decided to support Celtic, despite my best efforts

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

If you exclude being able to hit a shot on target the rest of his play and contribution to the games was very good. Did lots of things right although his finishing was woeful. Taking anything from the league cup games is foolish as most teams still undercooked and find different form when the real action starts 

45 minutes ago, railwayend said:

The games was one of those you see about every twenty years . The chances we missed were incredible , on another day we win that game 7-3 .. It was a matter of millimetres at times

That's football. Who knows what would have happened if Raith hadn't hit the post in the 93rd minute against Alloa.