The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Jordan Greenidge come on down. 

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Jordan Greenidge?

Source?

I just googled him. Fits our modus operandi tbf.

17 goals in 38 games in National League South. Same level as Dipo and similar scoring record.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Scored more goals last season in the same league we poached dipo from and is highly regarded i believe 

He was mentioned back in May but not sure if there was any truth to it or just a guess.

Could be a case of he has waited to see what options he got down south 

I’m sure Greenidge was one that a few of us mentioned as a potential Dipo replacement as he did well at that level last season, was a good age and looks like he could work as a focal point up front. 

Regardless of whether or not it's Greenidge, there must be a good few players down south looking at the success Dipo has had and be fancying a chance to come up to Scotland for a year or two to try and kick on.  Hard bit is making sure their more Dipo than Gondoh. 

Greenidge's agent uploaded this today so don't know if it makes it less likely to be him. Might suggest he's trying to generate interest, unless he's giving us something to  watch before the big reveal tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Greenidge's agent uploaded this today so don't know if it makes it less likely to be him. Might suggest he's trying to generate interest, unless he's giving us something to  watch before the big reveal tomorrow.

Aye it’s odd timing to be promoting a client when he’s apparently agreed to sign for someone. 

Need to have a look through the scoring charts for those leagues. 

21 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

He loves a header! Could be perfect for those crosses from Murphy and McGeady.

35 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

My 6ft 3 striker 😍

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I probably won't enter the stadium till 3pm on the dot to avoid the Somerset Boab circus. What are the pubs in Troon like? 

Troon pubs in order (best to worst)

Lonsdale

Whatever Cheeky Charlies is called now

McKay's

Girvans

The Fox

Anchorage

Harbour Bar

10 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Harbour bar is a great boozer, 10/15min walk away

I haven't lived in Troon in a long time but still visit regularly, they do good food but seem to attract utter wankstains as customers.  

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Troon pubs in order (best to worst)

Lonsdale

McKay's

Girvans

The Fox

Anchorage

Harbour Bar

Think cheeky Charlie's is now Number 67, Templehill?

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Number 47. Used to be owned by former Ayr player Stevie Evans

Once saw a guy run from the back of Cheeky's past the bar and projectile vomit on the floor about 8 litres of fluid right at the door. The bar staff put towels over it rather than clean it up. 

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Think cheeky Charlie's is now Number 67, Templehill?

Something like that, I was parked outside it earlier.  I believe they spent a load of money on a new front and changed nothing at all inside.