The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Peil said:

The then manager made up a cock sand bill story about how he was 'bullying' another player. Said player came out after that manager left and said it never happened, but had to keep his mouth shut to keep his place in the team.

The manager had fallen out with McGeady as he'd pointed out the fella was out his depth. He was right.

Your very last sentence highlights the point i was making.

8 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Absolutely no problem with his historical arseholery. A good many of Ayr's fan favourites were arseholes. Have even stopped caring about the Scotland situation because it's not as if the last twenty years would have gone spectacularly differently for the want of one extra good player.

TBH his ability to create seethe among a certain demographic is quite commendable.

16 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I didn't see the Stirling game but his distribution and positive decision making were a couple of the things that stood out for me against Stenhousemuir, moreso in the first half.

He's certainly an athlete. I think he'll do well, I'm just not sure he's at the level to dislodge Frankie.

He'll get chances anyway as Frankie will be on international or injured (hopefully not!).

Is Frankie injured at the moment?

Also, I know that they're now edited so that the asinine questions are omitted, but in this interview in particular you could tell exactly what nonsense he was trying to respond to most of the time.

39 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Your very last sentence highlights the point i was making.

It doesn’t though. 

McGeady clearly offers his opinion to managers, some are too weak to deal with that so they try and get rid of him. Just about every good manager now will accept opinions from players, I don’t think it’s an example of trouble following him. 

I'm finding it hard to join the dots here, I haven't really followed McGeady's career tbf.

What manager are we talking about here? Some diddy or someone who had actually achieved something?

Edited by Trogdor

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm finding it hard to join the dots here, I haven't really followed McGeady's career tbf.

What manager are we talking about here? Some diddy or someone who had actually achieved something?

Phil Parkinson the current Wrexham manager and former Sunderland manager

Apparently McGeady fell out with him and told him he was out of his depth at Sunderland and he lasted just over a year.

Looks like a lower league merry go round manager.

22 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What sort of team are we expecting today? Youths?

Heard it will mainly be youths aye, personally I'd of probably treated it like an extra pre season friendly. I'd like to think we'll see the likes of Musonda and McGeady feature to get minutes into the legs. 

He also fell out with Strachan, though that should be par for the course.

TBQH it would be refreshing for someone on the park to respond to Bullen's shouts of GET IT UP THE PARK, HIT IT TO THE BIG MAN with something other than "yes boss".

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Having watched that video I'm leaning far more toward him being a manager-in-waiting. Mentioned Bullen exactly once.

I noticed this too and wondered if I was overanalysing it, but since you have also immediately spotted it then perhaps not. He was clearly brought in by Mathie since he mentioned him numerous times and only mentioned "Lee" (not "gaffer" or "the manager") once.

26 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It doesn’t though. 

McGeady clearly offers his opinion to managers, some are too weak to deal with that so they try and get rid of him. Just about every good manager now will accept opinions from players, I don’t think it’s an example of trouble following him. 

He clearly does as that's three club at least he has left under a cloud. 

9 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

He clearly does as that's three club at least he has left under a cloud. 

He didn’t leave Celtic under Strachan, he left under Lennon - who is very complimentary about McGeady and spoke about his disagreements in football are normal. 

He also outlasted Parkinson at Sunderland by quite a while, and didn’t leave under a cloud as far as I’m aware. On leaving Sunderland he joined up with the manager who succeeded Parkinson at Sunderland, Johnson. 

No idea about Russia, I’m sure he covers lots of this on his OG podcast for anyone that wants to listen but I can’t quite remember. 

44 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What sort of team are we expecting today? Youths?

Ecripont
Watrett
Ecripont
McGinty
Stanger
Smith
Pendlebury
Hewitt
Bryden
McKenzie
Amartey

Young players getting game time against men, the English players getting another game in Scotland. We don't have any other centre halfs and Musonda is made of chalk. McKenzie needs more game time through the middle. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He didn’t leave Celtic under Strachan, he left under Lennon - who is very complimentary about McGeady and spoke about his disagreements in football are normal. 

He also outlasted Parkinson at Sunderland by quite a while, and didn’t leave under a cloud as far as I’m aware. On leaving Sunderland he joined up with the manager who succeeded Parkinson at Sunderland, Johnson. 

No idea about Russia, I’m sure he covers lots of this on his OG podcast for anyone that wants to listen but I can’t quite remember. 

Nah, you're alright mate. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The comments from Lewis Morgan were also interesting. This coming from someone that liked him. 

5 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

The comments from Lewis Morgan were also interesting. This coming from someone that liked him. 

I have a vague memory of him saying something now you have said it, but can’t quite remember what it was!

ETA, article here…

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-outcast-aiden-mcgeady-hits-back-at-lewis-morgan-accusations-3016939

Edited by No_Problemo