The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

58 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I know it’s splitting hairs really but think it’ll be more of a 4-2-3-1, as you say though it’s important the middle player is able to drop in and help out the central midfielders though - I guess from that point of view McInroy would be able to do that better. Most likely we will get neither him or Chalmers tbf. 

The thought of having at least one good full back is quite exciting tbh!

4-2-3-1  Does absolutely nothing to help out our full-backs, especially on the RHS where Amartey is being asked to be on the front foot.

Hopefully Championship teams won't be as well drilled on running from deep, which caused the majority of our problems on Tuesday Night.  However, did notice that Murdoch and Dempsey wern't as narrow in the second half.

5 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

4-2-3-1  Does absolutely nothing to help out our full-backs, especially on the RHS where Amartey is being asked to be on the front foot.

Hopefully Championship teams won't be as well drilled on running from deep, which caused the majority of our problems on Tuesday Night.  However, did notice that Murdoch and Dempsey wern't as narrow in the second half.

Get better full backs… 

It can become a 4-5-1 off the ball relatively easily anyway…

53 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I find it remarkable that some folk criticise Tomi and are positively fawning over Kerr McInroy. Tomi dug us out the shit that season. Chasing endless long balls all season long with two of the biggest imposters as managers ever who had 1 brain cell between them.

I'd take Tomi back in a 

I don't think it's a simple as that, do I want him to sign for  direct rival 100% no as there no doubt on his game how good he is but would I take him back again probably not he had to many interests outside football and that's fine but if your not 100% focused on the club its not worth it and at the end, Ayr needs to be your 100% focus not the fashion industry in London.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

I mean, I think the actual Ayr United kit man would probably have a good idea of where McGeady is in terms of fitness. 

If he’s ahead of schedule, then I don’t think anyone will be complaining.  My point was that it wouldn’t be a massive surprise if he needs another 2-3 weeks to get fully up to speed.  He only signed on Friday, so we’re probably still assessing where he is in his rehab which probably explains why he wasn’t risked in any way last night.

I’m glad Partick are in for Tomi. He was mince. He was the only attacking outlet in a team that effectively played 9/10 defensive outfield players so it was natural he’d score once in a while. Everytime I saw him play, I was baffled as to why anybody rated him. Yet to hear anybody outside of P&B, other than my pals 6yr old boy, say he was any good.

1 minute ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

I’m glad Partick are in for Tomi. He was mince. He was the only attacking outlet in a team that effectively played 9/10 defensive outfield players so it was natural he’d score once in a while. Everytime I saw him play, I was baffled as to why anybody rated him. Yet to hear anybody outside of P&B, other than my pals 6yr old boy, say he was any good.

14 goals in a team where he was generally left isolated and feeding off punts up the park was a decent return.  It’s reasonable to wonder what he might manage with some decent service from the wide areas.

10 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Spot on, wan lazy fecker, put absolutely no pressure on defences. Was he not more interested in his business too

12 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

There is plenty of competition, but quite possibly the worst post I’ve ever seen on this thread. 

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Nothing like the mention of his name to out the closet racists on here.

How do you make out that people are racist by thinking a player isn't very good?

Ashford isn't very good, Reading isn't very good, does that mean everyone on this thread who doesn't rate them are racist?

Edited by Buckfast

Thing is, when you look back over the last 30 years, there really haven’t been many players who’ve got into double figures at Championship level for Ayr.  Recently there’s obviously been Dipo, Tomi and Sir Lawrence, but beyond that I can only really think of Hurst, Walker and Annand and possibly Grady.  Don’t think even Moffat managed it.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

He was far from pish but I’m absolutely content with him going to another club. Bullen has basically said he was lazy and a difficult character which is good enough for me. 

We offered him a new contract though, so Bullen must have seen something in him.  

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was far from pish but I’m absolutely content with him going to another club. Bullen has basically said he was lazy and a difficult character which is good enough for me. 

=Bullen is racist.