The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Depending on what contribution we are paying for Ahui and whatever Hewitt was on then we might have added something to the budget to help get something else over the line.

Ye, that's what I took from the Bullen Press Conference earlier. Not expecting anything before tomorrow but maybe it adds a bit more to the budget available for a decent loan signing (the quality of Kirk or Chalmers could be a game changer).

13 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I wonder if some fans might be put off buying season tickets this season because the North Terrace is shut. I know I'm not looking forward to spending the whole season behind the goal.

Thought that too but can't see any die hard who shells out for a ST staying away for that reason. Could see it applying to the casual match day ticket goer. 

34 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I wonder if some fans might be put off buying season tickets this season because the North Terrace is shut. I know I'm not looking forward to spending the whole season behind the goal.

Could take up position behind the dugout for an alternative view? 

17 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Dundee United looking very good tonight! They’ve got some quality players in that team to be fair. 

Arbroath's defending has been schoolboy stuff and no pressure or tracking back by their Midfield either.

2 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

Peterhead at one point played him at CAM (played him in every position he usually can do RB, RM, CM) when he's more a defensive midfielder but they were just terrible did not win a game while Hewitt was there

As did Bullen against QP in that horrible game up there, hilarious stuff. 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Wonder if the club are a bit shocked at St sales considering last seasons 'success', and were expecting a big upturn in them. 

The impression I got at the Q&A and since is that there is a bit of resentment towards the fans because they aren't all high fives and hugs because of the 2nd place finish last season and came out with a lot of revisionism on the night. 

They are probably thinking, what more can we do to make these c***s buy a season ticket. Which would be pretty arrogant. 

I think resentment is a strong word but they certainly seem a bit confused as to why the take up hasn’t been higher. I think it’s far more to do with economical reasons rather than folk being unhappy with Bullen or his tactics. The playoffs obviously left a sour taste and the lack of noise from the club over the summer allowed that to sit with everyone. 

The club also have to realise that it’s their job to sell tickets and not our job to buy them. All this together has potentially led to a poorer uptake than the club expected. 

Just now, 1nickydevlin said:

They should do what Kilmarnock do and give u16s a free season ticket .

Are we not giving away a lot of tickets to local schools already?