The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, ButAtWhatCost1 said:

Thank you for your email.  We will shortly release a statement detailing the issues that occurred on Friday.  It is not in mine, or anyone else’s benefit to seek to alienate our supporters and ultimately the events on the night did exactly that at a time where we need support from our fanbase more than ever.

Ultimately we employ 3rd party companies at every game as we haven’t been able to recruit enough stewards directly who are available on a weekly basis.  I hope our statement highlights the issues in our process and gives comfort it won’t happen again.

Above is an email reply I received from Mathie after sending the club an email questioning the stewards/sniffer dogs

I used to work in a secure site that required vetting before people were employed due to the nature of the job.

One day, one of the operators who was Polish, sent one of his mates in to cover his shift and caused a major incident.

Are we to believe that the security company were short for numbers so someone brought their dug? 

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I used to work in a secure site that required vetting before people were employed due to the nature of the job.

One day, one of the operators who was Polish, sent one of his mates in to cover his shift and caused a major incident.

Are we to believe that the security company were short for numbers so someone brought their dug? 

Or was it someone dressed up as a dog? 

Just now, GuyIncognito said:

Statement released. Addresses it fairly well, but saying that they were warned by the company of an increased risk of pyros is laughable stuff. Surely to f**k the club ask, well what are you basing that on?

It’ll have been because a bigger crowd was anticipated and it’s a Friday night on the tele so the fuds will be more likely to chuck something on the park. 

In fairness I don’t think anything happened but the club will rightly be wary of a repeat of it happening again after a few incidents in the past year. 

That statement is completely fair I think. They basically own up to it being their mistake even if it wasn’t entirely their fault. Would like to think ‘Anubis security’ will be papped and Ayr maybe even get a refund for their shambolic effort.

1 minute ago, AyrAtlanta said:

That statement is completely fair I think. They basically own up to it being their mistake even if it wasn’t entirely their fault. Would like to think ‘Anubis security’ will be papped and Ayr maybe even get a refund for their shambolic effort.

Not a lawyer or anything but would Ayr we able to take this Anubis mob to court and get some form of compensation? If it was agreed that it would be a dog outside the ground then surely taking it in would be breach of contract?

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Has there been any pyro at any home games this season?! Can’t think of any. 

Anyway, fine with the statement and happy to move on from it!

The Partick fans had quite a bit at the play-off games with us, from memory.

The only part of the statement that’s a bit suspect and glossed over - 

The agreement was that 1 dog would be positioned at the home turnstiles and 1 positioned at the away turnstiles. This should have been communicated to supporters prior to the match and the intentions made clear

It apologies for the dog being in the stadium but that wasn’t the clubs fault….I don’t remember any mention that there would be sniffer dogs outside the ground at any point 

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The only part of the statement that’s a bit suspect and glossed over - 

The agreement was that 1 dog would be positioned at the home turnstiles and 1 positioned at the away turnstiles. This should have been communicated to supporters prior to the match and the intentions made clear

It apologies for the dog being in the stadium but that wasn’t the clubs fault….I don’t remember any mention that there would be sniffer dogs outside the ground at any point 

They seem to be saying it should have been communicated but it wasn't. Good effort, Mr Provan. 

6 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

They seem to be saying it should have been communicated but it wasn't. Good effort, Mr Provan. 

It’s another post fuckup shrug, like the season tickets. “Yeah, we probably could have done better” rather than making sure it is some way to being right in the first place. 

A notice in the match preview, due to the increase in pyrotechnics, we have had to source sniffer dogs who will be stationed at the turnstiles for tonight’s game.
That might have stopped folk travelling with them. 

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably a really thick question, but how do sniffer dogs identify pyro? Drugs you could understand but unlit flares? 

The dogs just ask if they have any flares. You’d lie to a steward but how anyone would lie to a German shepherd I’m not sure.