The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Can you imagine the scenes if he turned up with some players after an other pumping? There would be a riot!

Generally I don't think fans would say the same things they do online to someones face, just out of decency. But you'll get the odd one no doubt.

I keep falling into the trap of "ah he seems a decent guy in interviews" then have to check myself- the 3 facts I'm reminded of (not even considering the fitba almost always being shite) 

1 - he didn't play his strongest team in a Scottish Cup QF

2 - he is playing his weaker goalkeeper despite being in a relegation battle.  That's actually a sacking offence in itself IMO.   Almost certain it's not an issue with Albionsons attitude or anything based on what I've heard (ie he's just understandably gutted at not playing, not a story as such)

3 - every other fucking ludicrous decision that gets made selection wise every week..  most recent?  Amartey - rare start then subbed early to ruin all possible momentum and probably winning at Raith then not even starting v Morton away.  

Players wise we should be doing much better.  Dunfermline are ahead of us with Joe Chalmers playing every week and even captaining them at Somerset.   Morton have 4 clean sheets from 6 with Jack Baird and Kirk Broadfoot at the back and Grant Gillsespie in front of them - would have been meltdown on here if we had signed any of those 4 in the summer.  

Could go on but can't be arsed. Not going on Saturday and will see for the rest of the month. 

Inverness H, Arbroath H&A, Queens Park A and Kelty H while still improving the squad is some January challenge.  Get it wrong and we are absolutely fucked.   

12 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Inverness H, Arbroath H&A, Queens Park A and Kelty H while still improving the squad is some January challenge.  Get it wrong and we are absolutely fucked.   

Agreed . 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I keep falling into the trap of "ah he seems a decent guy in interviews" then have to check myself- the 3 facts I'm reminded of (not even considering the fitba almost always being shite) 

1 - he didn't play his strongest team in a Scottish Cup QF

2 - he is playing his weaker goalkeeper despite being in a relegation battle.  That's actually a sacking offence in itself IMO.   Almost certain it's not an issue with Albionsons attitude or anything based on what I've heard (ie he's just understandably gutted at not playing, not a story as such)

3 - every other fucking ludicrous decision that gets made selection wise every week..  most recent?  Amartey - rare start then subbed early to ruin all possible momentum and probably winning at Raith then not even starting v Morton away.  

Players wise we should be doing much better.  Dunfermline are ahead of us with Joe Chalmers playing every week and even captaining them at Somerset.   Morton have 4 clean sheets from 6 with Jack Baird and Kirk Broadfoot at the back and Grant Gillsespie in front of them - would have been meltdown on here if we had signed any of those 4 in the summer.  

Could go on but can't be arsed. Not going on Saturday and will see for the rest of the month. 

Why on earth has Albinson been dropped then? Its absolutely baffling. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

13 minutes ago, Hursty said:

We may be in a situation where a new manager has been lined up for the summer . However perhaps he can’t get away at this point which would have the board between a rock and a hard place .

Albinson form has dipped this season, not enough for him to be dropped for a clearly inferior goalkeeper though. I had a mental thought last night where I was thinking if Albinson does leave I’d be bringing back McAdams as Edinburgh City are losing all their players due to money issues however I see he’s signed for Larne today. 

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Why on earth has Albinson been dropped then? Its absolutely baffling. 

Probably some statistic on the data analysis 

14 minutes ago, railwayend said:

We may be in a situation where a new manager has been lined up for the summer . However perhaps he can’t get away at this point which would have the board between a rock and a hard place .

Davie White for the rest of the season. Seems to have done alright and got a reaction the last twice he has done caretaker

The only way it makes a modicum of sense is if Albinson is away in the summer and the club are looking at Mutch being number one next season.

Even if that’s the case it’s still incredibly stupid not playing the better keeper when you’re in a relegation fight.

Just now, Rb123 said:

Davie White for the rest of the season. Seems to have done alright and got a reaction the last twice he has done caretaker

That might be what is being weighed up .

Just watched the Bullen post match interview, regardless off what anyone thinks of the fella football wise ,that was a hideous watch . Smith will have seen that and does have a duty of care . Doing nothing will be the option least lightly for Smith . He either gets him out the firing line now , one way or another . Or if that can’t be done for whatever reason then it’ll be smothering him in support , that could mean assistant manager , player coach , experienced players all source immediately. Might not be what some here would like to see but it’ll be the potions being discussed I’d think . But yeah that video was way beyond what’s is acceptable for an employe to be feeling and displaying in any line of work . Horrible . 

Organising a meet and greet following a game where there is a significant chance of the club being 8th and a low one of them being 9th is another masterstroke.

Not quite as genius as whoever's idea it was to have the post-match literally in line of sight of Imrie's own, mind.

If we were to sack Bullen soon and get the usual few game bounce on the back of it, it would be a hell of a time to get it with games against relegation rivals coming thick and fast.

Clutching at straws, I know.

25 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

On the Albinson thing - wouldn't it be nice if someone actually put the question to Bullen? Maybe if we could have some real questions asked by the media team, or some kind of local journalist? 

Voice simply won't publish anything that would risk what access he has at the club.
Leaves us in the situation that there is no local reporter a) available or b) capable of asking the questions that need asked.

8 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Probably some statistic on the data analysis 

No thanks - he is a huge part of the present shitshow. 

Entirely different situation to come in from assistant, as opposed to just coming in from the outside of it all.