The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

But this whole season I've just felt a disconnect with the club. It's most likely down to the North Terrace being shut as watching us shoot towards the Railway End from the SRE just isn't enjoyable

Couldn't agree more. I went to my first game in 1963 and this is about the most depressed I've felt as an Ayr fan. I was slightly fortunate in that my kids were young during the worst of the Shanks/Connor/Watt years and I couldn't always justify coming through from Edinburgh but I'm pretty sure I won't be back now until Bullen has gone. 

Assuming I'm not alone in that feeling from what I'm seeing on here but it feels like no matter how many folks stay away the club are reluctant to act. Before we know it we'll be relegated and facing a drop in income of potentially £200k+ a season. That's going to be a tough place to build from.

I kind of wish the Arbroath game was on Tuesday rather than a week on Tuesday. Folk may well still be angry on Tuesday 

Kelty won’t be on the season ticket and we’ll no doubt go in to it without the loan players, Bullen will play fringe players like he always does in the cups and we won’t have any new players in to bump the crowd. 

I doubt if the crowd will break 1000

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Entirely plausible we could get to the end of January with no new signings, bottom of the league, out the cup, Bullen still in charge, and continued radio silence from the club.

If it weren't so plausible you should be getting red for that.

People talk about apathy. Well, I fucking dread match days just now. The only other times I have felt like that was towards the end of the two Rabs tenure and during Hopkin's time in charge.

I don't like admitting that, but that's where we are at.

Just now, shizzlemanizzle said:

I’m done till Bullen has gone. Clubs generally listen to only one message which is a financial one. I wish it wasn’t this way because it harms the club in a short term way but they don’t listen to any other kind of message. 

This is the reality. We vote with our feet and it leaves the club no choice. I did it to get rid of Roberts and I'm doing it again now.

Since the 4-4 draw at Raith that defo shows plucky wee Ayr will be fine despite chucking it in injury time, Arbroath with their new manager have come from 2 down there with a sub goalie scoring the equaliser and Queens Park have went there and won 2-1 despite conceding early under their new manager.   

All good though, our point there shows we will definitely beat both those other sides in must win games in the next few weeks 

Running just as fast as we can

Holding on to one another's hand

Trying to get away into the night

And then you put your arms around me

And we tumble to the ground and then you say:

Spoiler

WE HATE BULLEN, EVERYBODY HATES LEE BULLEN. 

The weird thing is with Bullen. I don't hate him.

I have a visceral hatred for Hopkin and Roberts.

With Bullen, I think he's a good guy, talks a good game, he has embraced the club and the town but he's hopeless at his job. 

I can even forgive Mathie and Smith for being ponderous to sack him for that very reason. However, we're long past the grace period for Bullen being a good guy.