The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Bowyer/Courts will want £1500/£2000k probably that leaves money over for a new set of full backs, striker and maybe a new midfielder anything left over can go into getting the bits of the stand that were put on hold done quicker.

Mark Roberts was on £40k

Any Ayr manager would struggle to break the £60k pa I would guess

5 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

I just actually cannot be arsed for this…No excitement at all. Absolutely despise Rangers and everything about them…

Completely agree.

The money from this will be huge for us, but I hate the thought of going to Ibrox and listening to all their shite for a couple hours.

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Mark Roberts was on £40k

Any Ayr manager would struggle to break the £60k pa I would guess

Do we want prem football? Sometimes it's not about spunking money on the playing budget but getting the right man in at the top.

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

Completely agree.

The money from this will be huge for us, but I hate the thought of going to Ibrox and listening to all their shite for a couple hours.

Just remember, this team is only 11 years old. Everything they say or claim is shite.

Don’t see how this makes any difference to the manager appointment? It’s a lot of money aye but if Bowyer for example is wanting a much larger wage, coaches and huge transfer budget you can’t be caving to that just because you got a windfall in the cup.

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

4pm ko on the Sunday according to a post on SRE

Might be, but that post is odd.  Hearts are playing Wednesday in the league and Friday in the cup?  Doubt it. 

11 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Rangers had 45,000 at their game v Partick at this stage last season. Home team gets to keep some gate money to cover for stewarding costs which is usually about 1/8th of gate income and then the rest is split.

Assuming £25 per head then 45k x 25 = £1.125 million. 1/8th deducted for stewarding = £140625.

Leaves £984,375 to be split evenly, leaves us with about £492,000.

£25 per head is quite an optimistic estimate but even then it shows how much this game could be worth to us financially. Fingers crossed Smith can put the money to good use!

Maybe not a term they like at Ibrox but we will have VAT to come off that. Yikes is stewarding really that much per game. To be fair don't grudge them that having to put up that mob and their outdated nonsense. 

11 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Rangers had 45,000 at their game v Partick at this stage last season. Home team gets to keep some gate money to cover for stewarding costs which is usually about 1/8th of gate income and then the rest is split.

Assuming £25 per head then 45k x 25 = £1.125 million. 1/8th deducted for stewarding = £140625.

£25 per head is quite an optimistic estimate but even then it shows how much this game could be worth to us financially. Fingers crossed Smith can put the money to good use!

Think it will be less than £25. Should get a good crowd as cup games the only chance for a lot of people who don't have season tickets 

1 minute ago, grazza said:

Maybe not a term they like at Ibrox but we will have VAT to come off that. Yikes is stewarding really that much per game. To be fair don't grudge them that having to put up that mob and their outdated nonsense. 

Just now, AyrExile said:

Think it will be less than £25. Should get a good crowd as cup games the only chance for a lot of people who don't have season tickets 

With VAT the figure comes down to about £390k and with concession tickets and any variation in the £25 estimate then the figure might be closer to £300k. Still a significant chunk of money for us though.

My hatred for the rangers is up with my hatred of them up the road. A horrible club with unsufferable fans they are the worst supporters in history  .it won't stop me from going though .can you just imagine the feeling to beat them on there own pitch . 

When Partick played Rangers at Ibrox in last years cup, the tickets were priced at £22 so I’d imagine they’ll be the same.

There hasn’t been a higher concentration of scumbag mutant c***s in one building than Ibrox since the Nuremburg trials. I can understand folk not wanting to go as there’s so many stories over the years of folk being hit by stuff and drenched in (probably infected) pish.

I’d still love to see us take 2000 though but I don’t think we will.

1 minute ago, 1nickydevlin said:

My hatred for the rangers is up with my hatred of them up the road. A horrible club with unsufferable fans they are the worst supporters in history  .it won't stop me from going though .can you just imagine the feeling to beat them on there own pitch . 

Feelings of orgasmic energy.

I've only seen one Ayr Goal against them the whole time I've supported the super. Yes, Ayr were trounced 6-1 but the feeling I had when that goal went in....oaft. Magical.

18 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

We will get 71,250 for exiting the cup.and being on TV. 

Then gate receipts are split as you say but it's 60/40 in favour of the home team.  Tickets probably £20 for adults and something like £15 for concessions so call it £17.50 - 875,000.  

So our 40% is about £306,250 after the stewarding  and £71,250 from the SFA for prize/TV money. 

Coming off of that you have VAT to come off x2 because the money comes from two sources (leaves £255,208.33 & £59,375.00) and VAR to be paid for at £4,500

Leaves you with basically £310,000.  

5 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I heartily commend your bravery going to that cesspit of a stadium.

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Feelings of orgasmic energy.

I've only seen one Ayr Goal against them the whole time I've supported the super. Yes, Ayr were trounced 6-1 but the feeling I had when that goal went in....oaft. Magical.

Me too - Sir Alan Forrest and it was snowing.

I did go up to Ibrox about five years ago and I recall Bobby Madden not giving us a penalty when Forrest was fouled. We only lost 3-0 I think. It was quite a hostile atmosphere and penned into a corner with their lot throwing stuff from above.

I remember a particularly red faced spectacled man who I thought might have a coronary. He spent the whole match working himself into a real seethe and shouting abuse at us. He wasn't even watching the game. Bizarre behaviour.

Edited by Trogdor