The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

35 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Just watched our version of the highlights. We should have won that by 6 or 7. Chalmers needs to work on his finishing, and I can’t believe that Bryden missed his chance, he’ll be gutted. 

And Ahkeem Rose can get in the fuckin bin.

4 hours ago, AllySloan said:

Random question with all the manager stuff going on etc but have the club said where the main camera would be placed for TV games next season? Surely they would want to show off the new stand so would have the camera in the main stand 

It’s in the new stand I believe , if you look at the stand near the Railway  end there is a window much higher than all the rest I thought that’s where it was going 

6 minutes ago, AuAl said:

He saying much about where we're at in appointing someone?

He said we are hoping to appoint a manager this week and there are a few more interviews to go. Was asked about Brown but didnae answer the question which is understandable.

If it does end up being someone like Scott Brown, then I would hope that he would try to raise the standards a bit. And by that I don't just mean getting the players performing on the pitch, I also mean stuff like the nonsensical 'press conferences' held in the UWS canteen etc and holding training sessions on their astro pitch.

I.e. start behaving like a professional football club. And while we're at it, a new matchday announcer please. ASAP. 

1 minute ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

If it does end up being someone like Scott Brown, then I would hope that he would try to raise the standards a bit. And by that I don't just mean getting the players performing on the pitch, I also mean stuff like the nonsensical 'press conferences' held in the UWS canteen etc and holding training sessions on their astro pitch.

I.e. start behaving like a professional football club. And while we're at it, a new matchday announcer please. ASAP. 

What’s wrong with training there?!

Somerset Boab needs to tone it down. Also, the other week when McGeady scored, he missed the goal, and was running around asking everyone who scored. You have one job, and that’s to watch the game and announce the scorer!

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

Where are they meant to train?

Fair enough I pretty much just listed various things that irk me about the club, one of which being the fact we train in public. It's something we should be looking to change in the medium-long term

3 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Somerset Boab needs to tone it down. Also, the other week when McGeady scored, he missed the goal, and was running around asking everyone who scored. You have one job, and that’s to watch the game and announce the scorer!

The halftime 'penalty shootout' is painful as well. 

"Right Ollie, on ye go pal. Aw sorry, Aidan. Was that in? AH CANNAE SEE".

I think training facilities will be the next project in the next five years or so once they have the stand and community zone finished. It’ll all be dependent on if they acquire the land behind the Railway End as well. 

Also that’s Senga away so a bit more cash freed up for whoever is coming in. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think training facilities will be the next project in the next five years or so once they have the stand and community zone finished. It’ll all be dependent on if they acquire the land behind the Railway End as well. 

Also that’s Senga away so a bit more cash freed up for whoever is coming in. 

The defence and midfield is eh threadbare…

1 minute ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

The halftime 'penalty shootout' is painful as well. 

"Right Ollie, on ye go pal. Aw sorry, Aidan. Was that in? AH CANNAE SEE".

I'm going to turn up to one of these q&a with the board and quiz why he was brought back. Guy is a poultice, sucking the fun out of Somerset. He's more cringe than your grandad telling your girlfriend she's braw and that if he was 60 years younger......

There are surely to f**k, better alternatives to that egotistical p***k to use the speakerphone on match days!

44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was fine on Saturday. 

It wasn't his incredibly limited ability I was talking about. Celebrating a goal against KELTY with your fingers in your ears aimed at your own fans is just embarrassing.

It wasn't the fans who've been utter shit on the pitch this season and had as much a part to play in their beloved managers downfall as he did himself.

Does he not think the criticism was warranted.

Absolute bellend. Found his level. He can get in the sea.