The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm going to turn up to one of these q&a with the board and quiz why he was brought back. Guy is a poultice, sucking the fun out of Somerset. He's more cringe than your grandad telling your girlfriend she's braw and that if he was 60 years younger......

There are surely to f**k, better alternatives to that egotistical p***k to use the speakerphone on match days!

How many people applied to do the announcer do you reckon ? Surely not just him. 

Just now, motley123rock said:

How many people applied to do the announcer do you reckon ? Surely not just him. 

A few you'd think. Even if they had someone from the UWS doing it, wouldn't be as cringe.

Sounds as if with the cup tie we'll be able to do some business in the window, didn't exactly come across that there was going to be funds to do much movement this month without the tie which is slightly concerning...

He also said about how income is down this year as a result of performances on the pitch resulting in lower crowds. 

No hospitality too means a big drop in income which you can appreciate. 

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

He also said about how income is down this year as a result of performances on the pitch resulting in lower crowds. 

Another reason why Bullen had to go.

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

A few you'd think. Even if they had someone from the UWS doing it, wouldn't be as cringe.

I agree. We would better for UWS to do it. Would be better also if they were allowed to be a lot tougher in their questioning. Nothing wrong with them doing it IMO but clearly warned not to ask certain things. 

1 minute ago, motley123rock said:

I agree. We would better for UWS to do it. Would be better also if they were allowed to be a lot tougher in their questioning. Nothing wrong with them doing it IMO but clearly warned not to ask certain things. 

Might change with a proper manager in charge rather than bullen

The facilities up at UWS are excellent for training and are way ahead of all previous options. Yes it would be nice to own our own facilities but the  training facilities can’t be faulted and are very close to Somerset.

5 minutes ago, motley123rock said:

Something I've always wondered about the interviews is why don't they ask what everyone is actually thinking, instead of this pussyfooting around nonsense.

I think the last ten games under Bullen, he was given the opportunity to give a shite excuse every time, we want someone who will shut someone like that down verbally and let them know the feelings of the support, instead of letting them babble a load of shite like Bullen did.

2 minutes ago, Stan Quinn said:

The facilities up at UWS are excellent for training and are way ahead of all previous options. Yes it would be nice to own our own facilities but the  training facilities can’t be faulted and are very close to Somerset.

Having been the one that brought up the training facilities in the first place, I do agree with the above. However as I said, in the medium-long term, finding our own facility should be on the agenda.

I am all too aware there isn't a magic money tree and David Smith deserves a huge amount of credit for the infrastructure he is putting in place, but a decent training facility is something which could very well be the difference between a player signing for us and signing for someone else. Players want to feel like they are working in a professional environment and the stadium/training ground is a big part of the player's first impression. 

6 minutes ago, motley123rock said:

They give off the impression that they don't actually go to the games which would explain why the questions are cliche and generic. They would be better inviting questions if that was the case.

16 minutes ago, Peil said:

Surely they'll cancel the game at this rate?

FB_IMG_1705944625653.jpg

No sign of it! Saw posts about McAnespie being in the hub before the game etc etc. 

Doubt I'll travel up for it in this weather. Knowing my luck I'd just get there and the ref will call it off 

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Something I've always wondered about the interviews is why don't they ask what everyone is actually thinking, instead of this pussyfooting around nonsense.

I think the last ten games under Bullen, he was given the opportunity to give a shite excuse every time, we want someone who will shut someone like that down verbally and let them know the feelings of the support, instead of letting them babble a load of shite like Bullen did.

That is precisely the problem when the only interviews we ever get are effectively an extension of the official club media rather than the actual written media. The club are in control of the narrative and I would assume pretty clear about what is allowed to be said and what isn't.

I would also have my doubts as to whether the interview hosts even actually attend games, although I may be wrong