The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

34 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

SNS have genuinely captured this moment but with the new stand instead of the hub.

20971360.jpg.iiek5YzeMbW1Bb1jYBNwymnq60j

HAHAHAHAH

That over there is the Bullen North Stand.  If you dont win on Saturday you'll be working up there.  

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Anyone else notice the 3 workmen still doing work in the stand at full time, are they running behind with it or something?

Union guaranteed overtime 

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Anyone else notice the 3 workmen still doing work in the stand at full time, are they running behind with it or something?

Think it was probably just an opportunity to get some work done under the floodlights.

The Bullen lounge won't build itself.

2 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Union guaranteed overtime 

2 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Think it was probably just an opportunity to get some work done under the floodlights.

The Bullen lounge won't build itself.

Tbf with the weather in December and January it wouldn't surprise me if things have slipped behind schedule.

Not an expert in the construction trade but it still does look like a hell of a lot of work to be done between now and summer...

10 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Interview up looking for 3 to 4 quality additions wants to play a high line attacking football Brown and Whittaker sound real partnership.

Could the club please please please stop messing with the location and setup and just pick an interview spot that works and put the A/V in correctly?

This one in particular comes across like a police interrogation, not helped by Smith sitting right there and Brown and Whittaker getting wee plastic cups of water. Oh and also that presumably someone forgot to put question marks on the laminated sheet full of questions, so the interviewer misses them out as well.

Just now, Thumper said:

Could the club please please please stop messing with the location and setup and just pick an interview spot that works and put the A/V in correctly?

This one in particular comes across like a police interrogation, not helped by Smith sitting right there and Brown and Whittaker getting wee plastic cups of water. Oh and also that presumably someone forgot to put question marks on the laminated sheet full of questions, so the interviewer misses them out as well.

I think they're checking each room to see what one has the best acoustics before picking one. Never knew Somerset had so many rooms anyway, feels like a different one every week 

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I couldn’t put my finger on why exactly the questions sounded so bland and awkward, but this is it. Thanks.

Both come across well IMO. They aren’t going to be able to get much across in time for Saturday but hopefully over the rest of the season we see some positive changes. 

Ideally, at least one signing before Saturday! 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I think they're checking each room to see what one has the best acoustics before picking one. Never knew Somerset had so many rooms anyway, feels like a different one every week 

Looking forward to next week’s interview in the toilets.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Aye but even when they did it from the same spot in Camerons for a few months you'd swear they were filming it on their phones from sixty paces.

This is even worse when you have the media there and can see that e.g. the BBC can set up a pitchside interview with correct sound levels and balanced light in about thirty seconds, most of which is putting up the wee sponsors sheet as a backdrop.

I'm hazarding a guess this interview was done at the Ashleigh offices in Prestwick to try and prevent any one from seeing them wandering about, but aye, hopefully the new stand has a proper fitted media room

9 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Love the face it Lauren doing the interview 

Interview was done by Karen Malcolm who is now doing a great deal of our internal media with playing staff 

I suppose I should say, for all the shit that the board gets, there isn't a club in Scottish football that has had so many pretty open and honest interviews with its senior board members in the last couple of years. You can see what the club means to Smith.

Just now, diege said:

I'm hazarding a guess this interview was done at the Ashleigh offices in Prestwick to try and prevent any one from seeing them wandering about, but aye, hopefully the new stand has a proper fitted media room

It certainly does