The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I’m not entirely sure but think it’s doubtful.

IMG_5677.thumb.webp.b7d3c54dc8069ce55f9df5ca0da39637.webp

There  is also the lead singer of Belle and Sebastian and the non ginger from Biffy Clyro

I’m not sure there is much scope for collaboration on an Ayr United song though with the differences in musical style and Coolio being dead unfortunately. 

39 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There  is also the lead singer of Belle and Sebastian and the non ginger from Biffy Clyro

I’m not sure there is much scope for collaboration on an Ayr United song though with the differences in musical style and Coolio being dead unfortunately. 

If memory serves me right, Belle and Sebastian played T in the park mid to late nineties and the lead singer was wearing the new Ayr top. So new that I don’t think it had been released yet.

2 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

If memory serves me right, Belle and Sebastian played T in the park mid to late nineties and the lead singer was wearing the new Ayr top. So new that I don’t think it had been released yet.

It may have been one of the brothers from Bis. I think they wore a. Ayr top at T in the park. 

Stuart from Belle and Sebastian made a film a few years ago and the lead character wore a retro Ayr top as a uniform in a restaurant. He also wrote a song called black and white United, but I think it’s more about racial harmony than a Somerset Bob esq number. 

There was an article in one of the national papers a while ago about Ayr rivalling Celtic with celebrity fans. Then listed Glen Michael and Sidney Devine…..

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Non ginger from Biffy Clyro is a Rangers fan. 

It may have been one of the brothers from Bis. I think they wore a. Ayr top at T in the park. 

Stuart from Belle and Sebastian made a film a few years ago and the lead character wore a retro Ayr top as a uniform in a restaurant. He also wrote a song called black and white United, but I think it’s more about racial harmony than a Somerset Bob esq number. 

There was an article in one of the national papers a while ago about Ayr rivalling Celtic with celebrity fans. Then listed Glen Michael and Sidney Devine…..

I think you’re right, could well have been Bis rather than Belle and Sebastian. I bow to your superior memory! The 90’s are a bit of a haze for me due to ‘one thing and another’ and ‘one for the road’. 

47 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Decent result considering we played an under 18 squad  along with only 2 players with first team experience against team 3 points clear at top of the league 

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Decent result considering we played an under 18 squad  along with only 2 players with first team experience against team 3 points clear at top of the league 

Looked like a very young Queens Park side too. 

Which first team players played? 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Non ginger from Biffy Clyro is a Rangers fan. 

I’ve seen him at Ayr games, he was in hospitality not that long ago. 

So definitely a Rangers fan then?

3 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

There was also a kids program circa late 80’s early 90’s that was based in Scotland and had a wee guy in it whose bedroom was adorned by Ayr United posters/flags etc. 

Andy Weir, also popped up in an episode of Still Game (spotty boy on the cinema desk). Occasionally credited as James on IMDB. Got his break in Braveheart as Young Hamish.

Last I heard he was out in US doing stuff. Nice fella.