The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

44 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Looking through the Scottish football auction and there is a match worn Ayr top from 88-90, number 16 so presumably a friendly match 

https://bidlive.grahambuddauctions.co.uk/auctions/8869/srgrah10067/lot-details/3bca10eb-20ad-4638-97a6-b131014a8a50

A thoroughly dull top.  

That's a shiter.

28 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

You just worry about the trap door into League 2. 

Genuinely had no idea how far down the league they were. What a riddy. 

12 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Away injured with Zambia 

Screenshot_2024-03-22-20-26-03-40_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

I didn’t realise you were asking a rhetorical question. He hasn’t been injured for a few weeks so he was due one. 

Let’s hope McGinley isn’t crap. Although we’ll probably have McGinty there and Stanger/Sanders in the middle. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Steve Clarke channeling his inner Lee Bullen tonight. Two substitutions and he fucks the entire shebang 

Tonight shows that Shankland isn’t of the level we need either. Very good top flight forward in Scotland but he’s not what we need at this level. FWIW I think we’re a forward away from being a good team but that forward needs to be on the same level as Gilmour or Robertson. There’s no one near that right now.  

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tonight shows that Shankland isn’t of the level we need either. Very good top flight forward in Scotland but he’s not what we need at this level. FWIW I think we’re a forward away from being a good team but that forward needs to be on the same level as Gilmour or Robertson. There’s no one near that right now.  

I think Shankland showed tonight that he was, he showed his ability to find space loads of time, he lost his man every attack and was in space at 2-3 attacks where the final ball was poor. 
He had 3 chances in the game, hit the bar and put the other two on target. 

Gilmour was dictating the game. He took him off for Ferguson.. who deserves a chance but McGinn probably had his poorest game for Scotland and Ferguson replacing him would have been a better fit. Souter isn’t an international defender either. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think Shankland showed tonight that he was, he showed his ability to find space loads of time, he lost his man every attack and was in space at 2-3 attacks where the final ball was poor. 
He had 3 chances in the game, hit the bar and put the other two on target. 

Gilmour was dictating the game. He took him off for Ferguson.. who deserves a chance but McGinn probably had his poorest game for Scotland and Ferguson replacing him would have been a better fit. Souter isn’t an international defender either. 

At the end of the day it’s a friendly so the only conclusion you can really draw from the subs is that Clarke wants everyone to get a bit of game time. I do think that the team that started tonight is our strongest team with the exception of Hickey over Patterson but that was enforced. I still think Gordon is our best goalkeeper but Gunn hadn’t really let us down before. Only other two players who are lucky not to be starting are McGregor and Ferguson but I’m not sure who you drop to accommodate either of them. 

26 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Another youth departs shame but considering he seemed to struggle at Gretna and was on the bench for Glenafton probably wasn’t gonna make it all the best to him

It’s only a loan.