The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The shite stream. The shite ticketing system. Somerset Bawbag as announcer. The lack of communication about injuries. Our god awful stewards.

Call it harsh but if they can’t get it remotely right off the park, they won’t get it right on it.

Too many times this season I've muttered the words "That's the worst I've seen us in a while..". Relegation still a very real possibility and couldn't complain about it if it happens.

That was a deplorable effort today.

I don't even know if Syla or McHugh had an ok or bad game, they were constantly getting shite passes when surrounded by three players from the brainless idiots behind them.  

Feel a bit for Bryden because he's just a not very good striker but is being asked to play wide despite not being quick, a good passer or dribbler.  But he is terrible, he shouldn't be playing.  Think it was 4 times he revived the ball and tried a first time pass that either went to nobody or went behind the player he was trying to play it to.  

Obviously hamstring by having a lot of players who should start being injured but it was the guys who do start all the time who were the worst today.  

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Think we are in big big trouble.   

If we continue to play all our inferior players at once, we will be very lucky to stay up. 

I think the side today would struggle hugely in league one. 

Logan Chalmers and Jamie Murphy have to be on the park, they are our only capable footballers. 

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Feel a bit for Bryden because he's just a not very good striker but is being asked to play wide despite not being quick, a good passer or dribbler.  But he is terrible, he shouldn't be playing.  

This is a huge part of the problem. I cannot comprehend the fact that someone who is so blatantly not up to Championship standard in his supposed 'natural' position has been given a new contract and a starting role on the wing every week. It is genuinely like playing with 10 men.

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

1 minute ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

This is a huge part of the problem. I cannot comprehend the fact that someone who is so blatantly not up to Championship standard in his supposed 'natural' position has been given a new contract and a starting role on the wing every week. It os genuinely like playing with 10 men.

I could kinda understand swapping him and McKenzie in a semi emergency like this and letting him play as a 10.  McKenzie also not great out there either but can actually do a job.  

If Brown continues on his current trend of win, lose, win, lose etc then we’ll be fine. We’re still picking up points which is important but we’re still largely pish. 

We need to hope a few of the injuries are back next week. Namely Chalmers and Musonda. 

Don’t care what anyone says but we have missed Reading on the left hand side.Murphy had better service when he played. We had nothing down either wings today. Needs to be addressed by Friday. Can see Tomlinson starting Friday if Chalmers not available.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Brown continues on his current trend of win, lose, win, lose etc then we’ll be fine. We’re still picking up points which is important but we’re still largely pish. 

We need to hope a few of the injuries are back next week. Namely Chalmers and Musonda. 

Losing at home to Arbroath and following it up with a win at Tannadice because he's committed to the bit. 

For the 3rd time in 4 seasons it looks like it's probably going to do down to the last day of the season for a 8th or 9th placed finish. 

We've got Muprhy, McAllister, McGinley, Chalmers, Musonda, Reading, Dempsey and Willoughby all out injured. 

That's 8 players who in normal circumstances we have about 5 or 6 of them in the starting 11.

After we lose those players we're left with the squad we had today which is not good enough for this level. Mid table league 1 probably.

We're in trouble again, worst time of season to have an injury crisis too...

Just now, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Can only piss with the cock you got is my opinion. I'd give him the summer and his own team before wanting to move on to anyone else.

Squad management is a shambles. If he was a bald man with a gilet you'd all be going fucking mental. 

You can’t praise Brown for getting a result last week with a makeshift team and then write him off this week when that same team loses. He’s making do with what was left to him and the fact he’s managed to get wins where Bullen wouldn’t have tells me that he at least has some idea of what to do but ultimately needs a summer to be judged. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can’t praise Brown for getting a result last week with a makeshift team and then write him off this week when that same team loses.

Wasn't the praise last week for somehow contriving to win a game after some alky down the pub won a bet which decided the team sheet?

This isn't desperation. It's tinkerman shit combined with either the most short-term mysterious injuries every week or Brown having somehow already managed to fall out with half the squad.

Just now, Thumper said:

Wasn't the praise last week for somehow contriving to win a game after some alky down the pub won a bet which decided the team sheet?

This isn't desperation. It's tinkerman shit combined with either the most short-term mysterious injuries every week or Brown having somehow already managed to fall out with half the squad.

Well no, it’s blatantly down the injuries unless you’ve got the tinfoil hat on. 

Brown inherited a squad of Muppets and has more wins than Bullen would have got us.

Yes, his squad selections are bonkers at times but let's face it, we've a shit squad from front to back, not a huge amount will change with different players on the pitch.

This playing from the back needs to get in the bin though. Absolute bombscare every single time we try it.