The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

Not sure how Scott Brown ended up at the launch night for the cinema at Ayr last night lol

One things for sure, we’ll be seeing a comedy/horror tonight. 

21 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Not that it's a bad thing, but I wonder how much the attendance is boosted by these hand outs compared to paying punters..

It's good, grassroots community stuff and if it turns a few from supporting the O.F. then I for one ain't bothered what % of attendance it makes up. Everyone on here started their AUFC journey somewhere and even though the football is grim at times, to a youngster that's maybe never been... It can only be exciting. Hopefully that leads to the next generation of fans.

A got my first ST from the youth football clubs, would probably have been going anyway as was going with my dad, but it does get kids into going to Ayr games. A few parents will be paying so will get cash in that way. 

Pretty sure Thistle had a free season ticket initiative for under 16s around 10 years or so ago. It just so happened that the initiative coincided with the team being promoted to the Premiership and having a very successful stay there. They’ll have won over a load of fans that may have normally just followed Rangers or Celtic.