The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

He was fine, but the squad should not be in a position that he has to take that on.

I mean it's great if Brown's confidence that his team can rise to the level of his own accomplishments works. But it would also be really really nice for a change to have real fullbacks.

Next season is the year… 👀

It’s been mentioned already but major kudos to McKenzie for the shift he put in. Started off Dowds up front, moved to centre mid when Stanger went off and then to right back when Syla went off. 

Brought a smile to my face watching Syla taking photos and interacting with the weans when he was walking round after being subbed. Can tell he’s a player that’s never had the celebrity treatment before and he looked chuffed to bits that all these folk wanted a picture with him.

4 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Brought a smile to my face watching Syla taking photos and interacting with the weans when he was walking round after being subbed. Can tell he’s a player that’s never had the celebrity treatment before and he looked chuffed to bits that all these folk wanted a picture with him.

Same with Brown tbh. If you're eight years old and an Ayr fan then you're got a massively higher chance of ever being able to have a conversatiion with Scott Brown than any Celtic fan ever did.

23 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Out on loan with Ollie at east Stirlingshire since February started his first 5 games but then missed one week through injury and been on the bench since

Both started for our U18's in the Youth Cup semi on the Friday but Watret obviously couldn't do two 90 mins and missed the East Stirling game the next day and they've been unbeaten since. Hopefully he'll get back in at some point.

28 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

He looked comfortable there hopefully there isn’t another injury there cause that’s the last thing we need

He was unwell rather than injured all good 

6 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

A got my first ST from the youth football clubs, would probably have been going anyway as was going with my dad, but it does get kids into going to Ayr games. A few parents will be paying so will get cash in that way. 

I'm 40 in a week or so and got properly into it with my free season ticket paid by Bill Barr because I played boys club.  That's probably pretty common for my age

I'm currently at the Blackpool Cup with a local u9s team (mix of clubs supported obv) and pretty disappointed that Ayr were meant to have players at Forehill assembly on Monday but cancelled at last minute.  They've obv double booked if Bryden has been sent to Dailly and Dalmilling instead but it's interesting to see how something like that cancellation comes across so badly - over hearding kids gutted cos they know the players but parents saying "Ayr are shite anyway"  

Wee things like turning up sound trivial but makes such a difference 

Good win tonight tho so I'm away to bed happy 💪

Edited by Hursty

Does anyone else think that McHugh was superb in the second half??

I was speaking to his cousin in the first half and even he admitted that the game goes past him too easily. Hopefully he can build on his second half performance.

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Great win considering the team sheet looked like vision vomit. Will we ever see McGinley play? Is Dimi away? 

No. 

Yes. 

Brilliant second half performance, 4 points from the next 3 games should see us hovering around that 5th 6th place as I've said previously not bothered about 4th others can have that and Brown can start planing for the winning promotion Infront of the new North Stand… as for his plans first man in the Door should be Dowds on a permanent deal, right team around him he could easily get 20+ goals next season.

Two things :-

Given we were without a large number of 1st team players (Musonda, Reading, Dempsey, Chalmers, Willoughby, McGeady, Murdoch), I'll take that all day long especially after that terrible performance on Saturday. 

Blatant red card tackle missed by the ref. That and the non-penalty against ICT are great examples of the disgrace that are the refs we've had recently. Good on Broonie for making a bee-line to the ref and reading him his horoscope. 

Just now, Jazzar said:

Blatant red card tackle missed by the ref. That and the non-penalty against ICT are great examples of the disgrace that are the refs we've had recently. Good on Broonie for making a bee-line to the ref and reading him his horoscope. 

That was a disgraceful challenge. It was a two footer.

57 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Does anyone else think that McHugh was superb in the second half??

I was speaking to his cousin in the first half and even he admitted that the game goes past him too easily. Hopefully he can build on his second half performance.

I was actually going to post about McHugh too. 

He is a lovely footballer, obviously young and inconsistent as he was horrible last week but I really like him overall so far.

Josh Clarke also deserves some credit for a couple of bits of brilliant goalkeeping.