The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

30 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Also excuse me for being out the loop but what's happened to the goalkeeping coach and why tf is that pr*ck Stillie back in the dugout?

So, the Tories are fucked and they are all scrambling about for relevance and sources of income. It was either come back to Ayr or join Reform UK. 

So that marks 9 league games under Brown's tenure, I think (10 since he was appointed, but he was in the stand for the Arbroath win at home).

So with a quarter of a season under him, what's the general consensus? 5 wins and 4 losses is the record.

Do we feel we are starting to look quite safe? Are we confident going into next season? Is the jury still out? Is this squad just far too inconsistent to make a judgement on managerial ability so far?

Noticed this form table and couldn't believe it. This league is nuts. 

IMG_20240329_222257.thumb.jpg.ea586113c879cea83c65cf28a730e63d.jpg

Edited by AUcal

4 minutes ago, AUcal said:

So that marks 9 league games under Brown's tenure, I think (10 since he was appointed, but he was in the stand for the Arbroath win at home).

So with a quarter of a season under him, what's the general consensus? 5 wins and 4 losses is the record.

Do we feel we are starting to look quite safe? Are we confident going into next season? Is the jury still out? Is this squad just far too inconsistent to make a judgement on managerial ability so far?

I'm genuinely in disbelief at the form table there, we've been rotten for a fair few games under Brown. We're so inconsistent i just want us to secure Championship football next season and then see what happens. The random selection policy has me concerned but I can't argue with the form table. 

12 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Oaft, that is incredible from Brown. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Oaft, that is incredible from Brown. 

Yup, especially considering our total only goes up 8 points to 26 if you include the 10 games before his appointment.

There's been some awful performances (Pars away and QP last week) and some baffling selections - but it cannot be denied that we've seen a huge up turn in form and number of goals scored. Things have been far better under Brown, and despite the huge Bullen love-in, its clear it was absolutely the right choice to empty him.

If we made the playoffs it could either be glorious or horrendous. Last season has completely put me off the idea though. Brown has made us hard to beat even when down to the bare bones. Hopefully a few players back next week v raith as they have a good team and feel we could end up on the end of a tanking with so few bodies. 

what’s the story with watret is he out on loan of us he still at the club? Might be our only option for right back next week 

Brown is definitely trying. Tonight there was obviously something done at half time because the performance was night and day.

It's a difficult league and to suddenly be in a situation where apparently roughly a third of the first XI are out for the duration does not help. Watching the first half and seeing a guy who was playing centre half for Stranraer last season playing as a wingback was really tough.

But things got dug out tonight. And at least it's interesting.

A home win against Arbroath and ideally a failure to be Morten's 12-point bitches would seem to be enough. At that point it's up to Brown to unfuck what is a categorically fucked squad.

Edited by Thumper

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Brown is definitely trying. Tonight there was obviously something done at half time because the performance was night and day.

It's a difficult league and to suddenly be in a situation where apparently roughly a third of the first XI are out for the duration does not help. Watching the first half and seeing a guy who was playing centre half for Stranraer last season playing as a wingback was really tough.

Do you mean Alloa? Guessing you mean Stanger? 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

If we made the playoffs it could either be glorious or horrendous. Last season has completely put me off the idea though. Brown has made us hard to beat even when down to the bare bones. Hopefully a few players back next week v raith as they have a good team and feel we could end up on the end of a tanking with so few bodies. 

what’s the story with watret is he out on loan of us he still at the club? Might be our only option for right back next week 

Out on loan with Ollie at east Stirlingshire since February started his first 5 games but then missed one week through injury and been on the bench since

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

He was playing as a right back, and was good there? 

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

Out on loan with Ollie at east Stirlingshire since February started his first 5 games but then missed one week through injury and been on the bench since

I thought he went on loan but couldn’t remember/be arsed looking it up. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He looked comfortable there hopefully there isn’t another injury there cause that’s the last thing we need

13 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

If we somehow made the playoffs the biggest danger is that they think the squad doesn't actually need major surgery. Despite the win tonight I think we're still closer to the bottom playoffs than the top one. Just need to keep grinding out points and try and manage these injuries before they completely overwhelm us.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Agreed, he was decent and McAllister was actually a better LB than RB!

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He was fine, but the squad should not be in a position that he has to take that on.

I mean it's great if Brown's confidence that his team can rise to the level of his own accomplishments works. But it would also be really really nice for a change to have real fullbacks.