The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Not sure the play offs bring much cash in and they aren't well placed to win promotion so finishing 3rd might also be a target for them

Possibly - but just seems sensible to give your 36 year old striker a bit of a break ten days before playoffs start, particularly as he is their only fit senior striker. I would still expect him to play some part anyway. 

I’m obviously being a bit hopeful too. 

Just seen the goal from yesterday Clark needs to do better and hold that IMO, wee bit worried if he's the target to be number 1 next year, Mutch is not much better and I think we are still a year out from Ecrepont beeing more than the cup keeper.

15 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Musonda was great to watch yesterday. Providing he can work on injury resilience, I've went from wanting him to go under Bullen to looking forward to him staying under Broon.

It’s the trips to Africa twice a season . Is that something Brown will put up with ?

13 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Just seen the goal from yesterday Clark needs to do better and hold that IMO, wee bit worried if he's the target to be number 1 next year, Mutch is not much better and I think we are still a year out from Ecrepont beeing more than the cup keeper.

If we are to be up the other end of the league next season then a new keeper will be one of four first 11 starters we will need to bring in : keeper , sweeper, midfielder and a goal scoring no10 to work with Dowds (assuming he stays) ! 

29 minutes ago, railwayend said:

It’s the trips to Africa twice a season . Is that something Brown will put up with ?

Of all the reasons on whether or not to re-sign him I'm sure that's not something Brown would be overly worried about.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Possibly - but just seems sensible to give your 36 year old striker a bit of a break ten days before playoffs start, particularly as he is their only fit senior striker. I would still expect him to play some part anyway. 

I’m obviously being a bit hopeful too. 

It would be 17 days without a game though, it's probably right in the middle between being well-rested and being 'undercooked', I'd be surprised if he didn't start. We're in the same boat regarding play-offs and I'd expect we'll go basically full strength next week and then use the last game to rest everyone.

3 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

It would be 17 days without a game though, it's probably right in the middle between being well-rested and being 'undercooked', I'd be surprised if he didn't start. We're in the same boat regarding play-offs and I'd expect we'll go basically full strength next week and then use the last game to rest everyone.

Yeah, I do get that too - particularly given he scored two yesterday. Sixty minutes and off potentially! 

1 hour ago, Superhursty7 said:

I haven’t seen it back yet but I thought that he should have done better with the initial header at the time. Was up the other end of the park though so wasn’t sure if I was being harsh or not.

2 minutes ago, munro7 said:

I haven’t seen it back yet but I thought that he should have done better with the initial header at the time. Was up the other end of the park though so wasn’t sure if I was being harsh or not.

For context 

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Not sure the play offs bring much cash in and they aren't well placed to win promotion so finishing 3rd might also be a target for them

Remember reading last year that the league take a lot of the gate money, it's not like extra cup games where you can bolster the bank balance a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

For context 

It bounces right in front of the keeper. You'd love him to hold it or push it somewhere safe, but keepers at all levels lose goals like this from time to time.

21 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

From watching that Bryden looks out his depth for Championship football, doesn’t seem sure where he should be 

He was absolutely abysmal yesterday when he came on, was not surprised to see him subbed back off.

'Injured' 😉

Next week I fully expect Queens Park to beat Arbroath and Morton to beat Raith. if we lose to Thistle and Inverness win at Dunfermline, It would put 5th place out of reach and mean that we would go in to the last day with Dunfermline on 43, Ayr 42, Inverness 41 and Queens park on 40. 

If Dunfermline and Ayr both win, It would be Morton 47, Dunfermline 46, Ayr 45, Queens Park 40 and Inverness 38 going in to the final Friday. 

If the latter happens,  Morton are away to Inverness and we play Dunfermline. so it would be about prize money from a higher finish rather than a shite shite season being extended by the play-offs

51 minutes ago, .buzzy01 said:

With Dowds out next week, who is going to be upfront?  Can only think of McKenzie and willoughby. Don’t think we have anybody else.

Likely along the same line as the team who put 4 past them the last time we played them 

How many goals has Bryson scored against Championship teams?

At what time to we start thinking “Running through a brick wall/giving everything for the team he supports” together with the odd clever pass and flick every few games, just isn’t enough?

On the whole, he just looks absolutely nowhere near good enough for the Championship. 

I can’t help but feel if he wasn’t “one of our own”, he’d have been loaned or out the picture some time ago.

13 minutes ago, JOMT said:

How many goals has Bryson scored against Championship teams?

At what time to we start thinking “Running through a brick wall/giving everything for the team he supports” together with the odd clever pass and flick every few games, just isn’t enough?

On the whole, he just looks absolutely nowhere near good enough for the Championship. 

I can’t help but feel if he wasn’t “one of our own”, he’d have been loaned or out the picture some time ago.

in 3 seasons he has scored 3 times against Championship teams 1 in each season (21/22 against Inverness, 22/23 against Cove, 23/24 against Inverness)

the other teams he's scored against this season are Stirling, Alloa and Peterhead

Edited by muZZa__44