The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

I would say all signs lead towards a permanent media team partnership with UWS

Should’ve happened years ago. 

36 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

I would say all signs lead towards a permanent media team partnership with UWS

That seems like a positive development. Something like a 20 minute show once or twice a season would be excellent.

Matchday output will remain a challenge I suspect. (It's mostly at the weekend, a rapid turnaround for highlights won't be a priority - or even possible - for students etc etc).

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just have to hope it's being done strategically by the club and not as a way of dumping responsibility onto a third party.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Its a bit like taking over the chart show on Radio 1 after they took streams in to account. 

They will host a half hour interview that will give absolutely no insight in to the team but offer a few sound bites and a lot of expressing belief and hard work. 

The warcry social media content this week about getting as many supporters as possible up to firhill to help us get over the line for our biggest game of the season has been unbelievable, oh wait...

You actually wonder if behind closed they're that rose tinted about being safe considering Brown was asked after Dundee United game about challenging for top 4 next season to which he rightly replied "we need to guarantee survival first". 

Or if just because of the very limited communication with supporters it's just made to look out like this. 

8 hours ago, Rb123 said:

The warcry social media content this week about getting as many supporters as possible up to firhill to help us get over the line for our biggest game of the season has been unbelievable, oh wait...

You actually wonder if behind closed they're that rose tinted about being safe considering Brown was asked after Dundee United game about challenging for top 4 next season to which he rightly replied "we need to guarantee survival first". 

Or if just because of the very limited communication with supporters it's just made to look out like this. 

It took a dive when Smith took over, McCall knew the importance of it and Kerr just wasn’t very good at it but tried. 
Mathie has been on the edges of football his entire life, so never as a paying fan. I don’t think they fully understand the need. 
Either that or they are thinking, they are getting a new stand and that’s the most important thing, a bit like the hub when that was built. 
Even studios releasing dogshit films try and hype them up. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It took a dive when Smith took over, McCall knew the importance of it and Kerr just wasn’t very good at it but tried. 
Mathie has been on the edges of football his entire life, so never as a paying fan. I don’t think they fully understand the need. 
Either that or they are thinking, they are getting a new stand and that’s the most important thing, a bit like the hub when that was built. 
Even studios releasing dogshit films try and hype them 

I think they're shitting it atm. Hopefully when we're safe, we'll see an effort made!? If the simple things like club-fan communication, highlights/interviews/streams/social media/website etc.... etc aren't addressed this summer, the we need to be asking these various back room managers, very blunty (none of this ass suckin happy clapper nonsense) what the actual f**k they're getting paid, by us paying fans, to do! I've mentioned a few times, but the buzz Smith generated around the town and with dormant/aufc small team fans was huge.... The horrific football and then L.B. and more horrific football absolutely destroyed that buzz so they best be putting together some rather special, not just here's an new shiny stand, as minted as it is.... 

Also, Brooony fuckin loves the camera... we are NOT making the best of having him in the dugout imo. Small, social media vids or whatever the youth call them, to reach literally hundreds of thousands of people and raise the clubs profile is an absolute must! I think we're over the worst of the O.F. Bigots now... we need to unlesh the Pink or Broon challenge.... or just bloody anything! He's done more outside media work than he has with us, raising his own profile.....

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

We need some good old McCall era 30 seconds videos of him talking about "getting the punters back" and "get up there and back them". 

While on the face of it those kinds of things seemed a bit naff, at least it was something. Hopefully a lot of the media ideas folk have suggested on here recently are part of future plans. Some of the social media content and engagement from clubs further down the chain than us (Stenhousemuir, Stranraer etc) is pretty impressive.

Happy with an increased relationship with UWS, hopefully it means we can really address some of the deficiencies on that side of the club. I wouldn't be too bothered by stuff like the highlights not being up on the evening of matchday (or even on the weekend of) if i knew the club were communicating and trying to get folk on board in lots of other ways.

5 minutes ago, AUcal said:

We need some good old McCall era 30 seconds videos of him talking about "getting the punters back" and "get up there and back them". 

While on the face of it those kinds of things seemed a bit naff, at least it was something. Hopefully a lot of the media ideas folk have suggested on here recently are part of future plans. Some of the social media content and engagement from clubs further down the chain than us (Stenhousemuir, Stranraer etc) is pretty impressive.

Happy with an increased relationship with UWS, hopefully it means we can really address some of the deficiencies on that side of the club. I wouldn't be too bothered by stuff like the highlights not being up on the evening of matchday (or even on the weekend of) if i knew the club were communicating and trying to get folk on board in lots of other ways.

Going by Sam North’s video the other week from Stenny, they’ve actually employed someone to be in charge of the social media side of things 

Can totally see the point in engaging with UWS and getting them on board; but if the output of clubs lower down the pyramid is better than the likes of ours then IMO it proves that volunteers etc is just a cheap resource 

47 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I think they're shitting it atm. Hopefully when we're safe, we'll see an effort made!? If the simple things like club-fan communication, highlights/interviews/streams/social media/website etc.... etc aren't addressed this summer, the we need to be asking these various back room managers, very blunty (none of this ass suckin happy clapper nonsense) what the actual f**k they're getting paid, by us paying fans, to do! I've mentioned a few times, but the buzz Smith generated around the town and with dormant/aufc small team fans was huge.... The horrific football and then L.B. and more horrific football absolutely destroyed that buzz so they best be putting together some rather special, not just here's a new shiny stand, as minted as it is.... 

I think they just don’t bother. I’m sure if they were to ask for some volunteers to do it, they’d get at least half a dozen folk that would be interested. Or at least someone who can give ideas and guidance to someone at the club and they can film it. 
There is no enthusiasm or excitement generated. There wasn’t a press conference last week. So far there has been nothing this week from the club that would make someone in two minds think, f**k it, I’ll go up to Firhill. 

Next week, they could have an event after the final whistle. Meet the players on the park for half an hour after the game, for kids to get shirts signed and pictures taken. Have signed shirts at a discounted price on sale in the club shop to clear out the dead stock come 21:30 (hopefully) next Friday night. 
Have folk looking forward to next season rather than ending this one thinking the whole season was a non-event. No cup run, no play-offs(hopefully) and no real excitement. The only exciting thing is a new stand and the possibility of not getting shat on by a seagull on the north terrace. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think they just don’t bother. I’m sure if they were to ask for some volunteers to do it, they’d get at least half a dozen folk that would be interested. Or at least someone who can give ideas and guidance to someone at the club and they can film it. 
There is no enthusiasm or excitement generated. There wasn’t a press conference last week. So far there has been nothing this week from the club that would make someone in two minds think, f**k it, I’ll go up to Firhill. 

Next week, they could have an event after the final whistle. Meet the players on the park for half an hour after the game, for kids to get shirts signed and pictures taken. Have signed shirts at a discounted price on sale in the club shop to clear out the dead stock come 21:30 (hopefully) next Friday night. 
Have folk looking forward to next season rather than ending this one thinking the whole season was a non-event. No cup run, no play-offs(hopefully) and no real excitement. The only exciting thing is a new stand and the possibility of not getting shat on by a seagull on the north terrace. 

They are busy getting "Premiership ready" planning on hoping where we will be in 5 years time, rather than where we are just now.  Well, will it be 3 years time after this year, or does the 5 year target just stay 5 years after every disappointing season?

9 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Along those lines, I was driving home from work yesterday and it dawned on me that we have a massive game on Saturday at an easily accessible away venue and that it hadn't even crossed my mind that I might go.   Not even that I'd thought about going and decided against it for whatever reason, just that i hadn't even thought about it.   That was quite a jarring realisation as normally I'd be planning weekends around games miles in advance.   

Sure the press conference the other week was a minute and a half of Clarke talking about his time at Ayr.  Is it Mathie who generally sorts these things out?  Probably busy doing his tick box exercises with the youth WOSFL as I reckon he's trying for a job with the SFA.

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Sure the press conference the other week was a minute and a half of Clarke talking about his time at Ayr.  Is it Mathie who generally sorts these things out?  Probably busy doing his tick box exercises with the youth WOSFL as I reckon he's trying for a job with the SFA.

They have to fill the press conference with something. You are not going to hear anything about the squad or contract renewals or anything interesting. 
How has training been? Good
How is the mood in the camp? Good
You must be pleased/disappointed with the last result? Yes

So random player, do you enjoy where you are playing and is the club/group of boys wonderful? Yes

They need to pad that out to over 5 minutes. 

16 hours ago, wuffster said:

That seems like a positive development. Something like a 20 minute show once or twice a season would be excellent.

Matchday output will remain a challenge I suspect. (It's mostly at the weekend, a rapid turnaround for highlights won't be a priority - or even possible - for students etc etc).

It's doable. I run our highlights at half time and full time. It's a very rough cut but does the job.

18 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Remember what happened when we took 2000 to firhill?

Just keep it to 300-400 usual suspects away, and we will be fine.