The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Saw this earlier and thought it was interesting. I can’t even remember much about him from that season. Did he win our POTY? 

I liked him, had a few flaps here and there but you could clearly see the potential in him. Seem to remember him being very quick to play the ball back out which kept things moving for us on the counter. 

How do we feel tonight's game is going to go? I'm thinking, with the extra place finish prise money up for grabs, it will be a tasty game! Could we see the same same flukey end we did to last season, tonight to see us finish 5th? (Morton depending).

24 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

Shaun Rooney leaving Fleetwood too.

He was signed by Brown (I think) 

I’d imagine he’d hit a premier league team before landing on us. 

If Stanger goes and we keep Musonda, signing Strapp would make sense, combined, they would form 1 fit and functioning left/centre back. 
Crawford & Smith would be good additions and I’d prefer we made a higher % of signings like that, still  take punts on English lower league players but if they are pish or slow burners, then we don’t end up in the bottom 4, hoping for good business in January. 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Interesting fact on Adeloye quoted  on internet today 

During his time with Partick Thistle, Adeloye had the best goal to minutes ratio in the league, with an average of 1.55 goals every 90 minutes.

Hear Cody Rhodes GIF by Andre Arkade

You telling me there is a chance?

15 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

I thought the queuing system the other week worked ok. It definitely avoided having that snakelike line that runs the length of the back wall. Not sure the experience will be made any better with staff running about with trays of drinks in an already crowded room, but we’ll see…I’d rather they just served you quicker. Not inclined to dunk on staff, but they do move at a snails pace sometimes.  

People hugely underestimate the value of good training and motivation in bar staff. For something as high-throughput as a football club bar (which has burst rates not dissimilar to that of a pop-up bar at the Edinburgh Fringe, and fucking prices to match) you need staff trained to handle it.

I'm deeply sceptical of online ordering (and indeed table service) in general and yet if I'm ever in the Pioneer I do it automatically as the staff have it down pat.

With regards to tonight: it's still very silly that a win tonight secures sixth at worst after coming out of the January window with a squad still set up for direct relegation.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’d imagine he’d hit a premier league team before landing on us. 

If Stanger goes and we keep Musonda, signing Strapp would make sense, combined, they would form 1 fit and functioning left/centre back. 
Crawford & Smith would be good additions and I’d prefer we made a higher % of signings like that, still  take punts on English lower league players but if they are pish or slow burners, then we don’t end up in the bottom 4, hoping for good business in January. 

Why would Stanger go? He’s under contract and started almost every game this season when fit. 

Have heard that 11 players will be released (including loans although obviously they aren't ours to release) this window. Of course there are a few obvious ones there like Albinson and a few youth players but not sure who the others could be. Thought that it was quite a large number but factoring in loans and players under contract such as Rose and McGeady who will probably be away it seems about right.

Would at least be a positive start to the window if we could get rid of most of the deadwood and allow Brown to get his own players in.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherMoltisanti said:

Apologies if already been asked, but any idea if the game is being live streamed tonight?

Yeah, says on an email I just got.

28 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Have heard that 11 players will be released (including loans although obviously they aren't ours to release) this window. Of course there are a few obvious ones there like Albinson and a few youth players but not sure who the others could be. Thought that it was quite a large number but factoring in loans and players under contract such as Rose and McGeady who will probably be away it seems about right.

Would at least be a positive start to the window if we could get rid of most of the deadwood and allow Brown to get his own players in.

More excited about this than anything else that's happened this season.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I'm deeply sceptical of online ordering (and indeed table service) in general and yet if I'm ever in the Pioneer I do it automatically as the staff have it down pat.

Used to like a Friday afternoon in the Meridian . They were brilliant at it , never an empty glass to be seen anywhere ! 

8 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Used to like a Friday afternoon in the Meridian . They were brilliant at it , never an empty glass to be seen anywhere ! 

Is the Meridian still there? I'm hardly ever up that end of the town. 

So it can be anyone of Charlie Albinson, Derren Fairns, Frankie Musonda, Paddy Reading, Nathan McGinley, Andy Murdoch, Paul Smith, Carter Jenkins, Dario Viviani, Franny Amartey then you include loans

5 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

So it can be anyone of Charlie Albinson, Derren Fairns, Frankie Musonda, Paddy Reading, Nathan McGinley, Andy Murdoch, Paul Smith, Carter Jenkins, Dario Viviani, Franny Amartey then you include loans

Also unless im wrong here unless we’ve agreed PCA’s with any of the loans it would include all of them? If so that’s 6 loans and 5 others

5 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Reckon the ones in bold are definitely players who’ll be released. Mcgeady may well retire and Rose let go with maybe McGinty. 

1 hour ago, GuyIncognito said:

If this man does not get testimonial and carried around the pitch on the shoulders of his peers at full time what are we even doing as a club, his contribution to the club is beyond words.

20240503_145137.jpg