The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

When do we expect the retained/released list, Monday/Tuesday? And if McGinty does leave as I think we all expect now I'd expect he's likely one of the top earners so that will free up some wages.

Last season it was a matter of days before we heard. That’s become the norm for us as well. I think it’ll be Tuesday or Wednesday when we hear but even then it’ll just be loans returning and out of contract players being let go. Doubt we’ll hear straight away about the likes of McGinty.

2 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Had not realised that McCall had kept Clyde up.  Did well as they looked destined for bottom spot when he took over.

An incredible achievement tbh. Totally wasted on a sex pest caravan.

26 minutes ago, Thumper said:

An incredible achievement tbh. Totally wasted on a sex pest caravan.

28 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Had not realised that McCall had kept Clyde up.  Did well as they looked destined for bottom spot when he took over.

QOS binned Bartley immediately after full time so wouldn't be surprised if he went there

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Can't decide whether it would be sad or hilarious if Stranraer drop out of the league 😕

If it's a choice between Stranraer or that w****r at East Kilbride, I'd keep the former ferry port

19 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Stranraer are at least a proper football club. EK Black Rooster Sports Club can f**k off.

10 minutes ago, Peil said:

If it's a choice between Stranraer or that w****r at East Kilbride, I'd keep the former ferry port

I forgot it was EK they would be playing.

In that case I hope Stranraer do stay up.

Plus Aggy is a sound c**t.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I forgot it was EK they would be playing.

In that case I hope Stranraer do stay up.

Plus Aggy is a sound c**t.

Also I want Finn to do well and him getting relegated to the lowland league wouldn’t help that 

I'm hoping it's St Johnstone in the play off spot, simply on the off chance there is a second relegation it saves us trailing up to Dingwall in November 

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The SFA will probably just relegate them anyway, given the fergie-time decision to just cancel the highland-lowland playoff.

Buckie were given plenty of advance notice that they didn’t have the sufficient stuff in place for promotion and they decided to ignore it. Hence why the teuchters quickly backed down after the faux outrage was ignored by the league. 

I hope Stranraer pump EK and the pound-shop Gus Fring though. 

Having listened to Dowds interview, I’m not sure it’s a goodbye. He says he’s enjoyed his time at Ayr and has told Brown that. So it sounds like we need to make him a better offer. 

4 hours ago, stevep56 said:

He may not be everyone’s cup of tea- but he knows a player and is a good manager. Look at all the terrific players he signed for Thistle and they have gone on to better things- the ones Doolan has replaced have been substandard ….

Managers have levels, McCall is a top 4 championship manager. He'd have Clyde in the Championship in 4 seasons with the right backing. 

It's getting beyond that he seems to have a problem. 

20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Managers have levels, McCall is a top 4 championship manager. He'd have Clyde in the Championship in 4 seasons with the right backing. 

It's getting beyond that he seems to have a problem. 

Ultimately his tactics of simply shoehorning his best midfielders into a team will only ever get you so far. His teams never seem capable of grinding out results or winning games when playing absolutely gash. Everything is either going for him or all against him. 

I can see him getting Clyde back to League One absolutely no bother but I’m not sure they can back him enough to make the step to the Championship. If there was anyone in Scottish football that could take a shambles of a club with an amateur set up to the Championship then it would be Ian McCall.