The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Thought Musonda was outstanding in the limited time he was on. Him and Henderson were at the heart of every decent chance we had in the last 15. Also thought Syla was pretty good.

Bavidge gets a meh out of 10 so far and I think McAllister set a record for most passes to the goalie in 45 minutes. Thought the goalie was alright and looked more comfortable than McIntyre.

Musonda was superb on th ball. Syla should have started the game, there was little movement in midfield until he appeared. I thought Mcallister did well today, the first half he had noone to pass to as they were all static and marked. If only that shot off the bar and line had gone in, we would have coasted the game. 

Any chance of injury updates for the squad? Not buying the ‘keep it quiet from the opposition’ line. 

Communication on this has been pitiful season-after -season. Sort it. 

Edited by FergR

4 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

So, what are we doing about Bavidge? He was miles off it today and won't do for a team looking to challenge at the top end of the league. 

Give an eighteen year old more than one game to impress I imagine…

We obviously need to be looking to bring another striker in now anyway - if it’s possible. 

Started the game really slow, safe balls, just knocked it about without really doing anything. Queens Park scored and we woke up a bit, dominated much of the rest of the game without looking likely to win it.

The keeper faced one shot and it went in, don’t know if he’d much chance but he had very little else to do so hard to judge him. 

We signed 3-4 players who weren’t expected to get much game time but would hopefully develop towards that. With the injuries, we are having to play them, Hastie & Howley have been mediocre when they have played, Walker has been good in a few games but has been off it the last two. Bavage was largely missing all afternoon. 
Rus, Murphy and Dowds are a big miss. 

Dempsey and Stanger were outstanding, McCallister handled Rudden well. 

least we didn’t get beat. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Started the game really slow, safe balls, just knocked it about without really doing anything. Queens Park scored and we woke up a bit, dominated much of the rest of the game without looking likely to win it.

The keeper faced one shot and it went in, don’t know if he’d much chance but he had very little else to do so hard to judge him. 

We signed 3-4 players who weren’t expected to get much game time but would hopefully develop towards that. With the injuries, we are having to play them, Hastie & Howley have been mediocre when they have played, Walker has been good in a few games but has been off it the last two. Bavage was largely missing all afternoon. 
Rus, Murphy and Dowds are a big miss. 

Dempsey and Stanger were outstanding, McCallister handled Rudden well. 

least we didn’t get beat. 

The keeper made a good save down to his right and it was from the resultant corner the Queens Park goal came from a back post header.

Second the thoughts on Dempsey and Stanger being outstanding.

Dempsey has become a vital part of the team. He really seems to have taken to Brown's style, as a kind of 'all action' centre mid. Quick in the press, hard in the tackle, composed in passing and happy to carry the ball forward.

Stanger is just a very cool head and plays the out from the back style very well. A very composed defender for this level I think. Not sure how much truth there is in it, but I was told Stanger hadn't really trained much at all this week.

Edited by AUcal

3 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Second the thoughts on Dempsey and Stanger being outstanding.

Dempsey has become a vital part of the team. He really seems to have taken to Brown's style, as a kind of 'all action' centre mid. Quick in the press, hard in the tackle, composed in passing and happy to carry the ball forward.

Stanger is just a very cool head and plays the out from the back style very well. A very composed defender for this level I think. Not sure how much truth there is in it, but I was told Stanger hadn't really trained much at all this week.

Stanger is good at taking the ball in, passing it side to side but occasionally just striding forward with the ball, getting us much further up the park

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Stanger is good at taking the ball in, passing it side to side but occasionally just striding forward with the ball, getting us much further up the park

He also has great pace which is useful for a centre half . 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Am I going daft or did we not loan Liam Russell out? Or was it just a rumoured move which was cancelled after the injury to Stone? 

It was an emergency loan, only one game