The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’m assuming Stewart would have been. I doubt he’d be doing much worse tbh.

Does anyone know/remember who was on the final shortlist at the time?

The shortlist was pretty shocking.  But that was really a consequence of us only considering candidates who applied for the job.  Whether you think John Hughes was the right appointment Is open to debate, but the fact guys like him expect discussions to be informal rather than via an open interview process means we basically cut ourselves off from a pool of potential candidates.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Sandy Stewart, Darren Young and Jim McIntyre were the people heavily linked with the job. 

Kerr seems a decent guy and  comes across well in interviews. It would be better if we could help develop rather than bin him at least until end of season.  For me we are missing some experience and know how on the sidelines. With both the manager and asst effectively rookies they are learning the basics on the job and also from their mistakes. Instead of signing all new players can we not appoint an experienced ex manager or coach to help guide them. Our asst manager in particular has more text book knowledge than real life experience in senior football. With covid disrupting normality surely there must be people out there between jobs who could help us out for a bit 

I think anything less than a win against Alloa could see Kerr go. With David Smith playing a hands on role in directing the club from Ayr, and injecting his own/Ashleigh Construction cash into the club, I feel he's going to have a lot of influence.

Ayr can shove it. Pathetic once again. Kerr needs to go. He won’t and you’ll see a lot of folk not bothering for the rest of the season. Fuming. 
There is absolutely no way we are staying up this season that I can see.  We have better players than some of the other teams down the bottom but the only one with zero heart / guts.    Elgin an absolute cert to beat us next week.  
Fucking hell, lads. Maybe you need to not post immediately after a game.

These posts are ridiculously over the top.
Fully expect us to lose at Elgin next week, scramble a point at home to Alloa then we are staring at 5 defeats to Pars, Dundee, ICT, Hearts, Raith. We will be in bottom 2, if not bottom, by the end of February. How do we stop the rot as the team have no belief?
Football can turn around quickly.

There's no doubt we need some experience in defence and we need a striker, and so this looks like a busy transfer window.

Only those closest to the club will know if kerr needs someone in to help him with the coaching side - or whether he knows how bad it is - and knows what he wants to do to fix it.

But we all need to calm down and take a few breaths.

11 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I was firmly in the Stewart camp due to (rightly or wrongly) attributing our good football under McCall to that man as it seemed to coincide with his appointment, however after Stewart was discarded I was happy enough with the Kerr appointment given that the "same old names" weren't exactly filling me with excitement.

Anyway, I'd be highly surprised / shocked if Kerr was suddenly bagged, given that we're still only 3 points off 3rd place and are firmly still in the mix given the unpredictable and inconsistent nature of the teams in this league.

That said, our numerous capitulations this season do point to a lack of leadership (especially on the pitch) so I'd agree with those that say we must prioritise the signing of a Captain /leader figure and also an "old hand" off the pitch certainly wouldn't go amiss either.

I'm not quite at the panic stage yet (more annoyed) but reckon we need to take at least 4 points from our next 9, otherwise we will indeed be dragged into a battle for survival.

You canny legislate for a p—-k of a referee who doesent give a stone wall penalty at 0-1 to go 2-0 up and they would have collapsed then goes up the park and gives them one that wasn’t a stone Waller hit him as he was falling Kerr can’t be blamed for that, I accept the team is all over the place  especially at the back but changing him it’s a no he’s still two wins away from top four and that’s his remit.

i have said for a while Zanatta is the biggest charlatan at the club and got slated for it, stealing money and nobody’s gonna take him off our hands.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Fucking hell, lads. Maybe you need to not post immediately after a game.

These posts are ridiculously over the top. Football can turn around quickly.

There's no doubt we need some experience in defence and we need a striker, and so this looks like a busy transfer window.

Only those closest to the club will know if kerr needs someone in to help him with the coaching side - or whether he knows how bad it is - and knows what he wants to do to fix it.

But we all need to calm down and take a few breaths.

Where’s the turnaround going to come from? We’re needing to score 3 or so goals most weeks to earn a point never mind all 3. We need good players in and in soon, can’t see many wanting to come to a sinking ship of a team. Our continuous trait of capitulating when we concede doesn’t seem to be changing any time soon. I liked the look of what Kerr was building, but it just seems he doesn’t have what it takes and doesn’t have the necessary experience around him to see it through. We’re constantly making 2/3 changes to the starting 11 every week. For me that speaks volumes.