The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I can't see any way out for us now unless we win on Saturday. Morton are likely to beat Alloa. Even then, we probably need Arbroath to lose at Dunfermline so they and Morton can't play out a boring 0-0 the following week safe in the knowledge we're unlikely to get anything in Inverness.

Does anyone actually think we can win on Saturday? It surely can't get any worse than the Arbroath game? Or maybe it can. We are rotten. This is bloody miserable. Something in the depths of my usually optimistic mind says we can pull off a win because we're due one.
On Saturday we were probably looking to not lose but that's not an option now.

That's the only hope I've got. It's incredibly clear that we need to win, and so we've got to go for it.

I think dunfermline and hearts will help us with results but can't see alloa getting anything against morton.

Morton are a tidy enough team at the moment , but they don’t score a lot . Alloa could surprise us , with their ex Ayr players being quite potent : Cameron , Trouton and Cawley .

That brings us to us having to beat QoS ! Therefore Baird and Rosco can’t play for us .meaning Aero and Carrie at the back in a 4-4-2 . Moffat and Wright up top ,, Luke on the right with Miller and Tosh central and Murdy on the left . It’s all we’ve got .Still might not be good enough .

Looks like the fat lady is setting up her microphone .....

26 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Does anyone actually think we can win on Saturday? It surely can't get any worse than the Arbroath game? Or maybe it can. We are rotten. This is bloody miserable. Something in the depths of my usually optimistic mind says we can pull off a win because we're due one.

It's not exactly an unwinnable tie, but I can't help but think we will be a couple of soft goals down by half time and not putting up much of a fight.   Just seems inevitable 

Ian McCall getting it right when it matters most with Partick set to go top of the table before they split, Falkirk in a play off is a depressing thought, we'd stand no chance. 

C'MON AYR PLEASE JUST BE FUCKING GOOD FOR TWO FUCKING GAMES I BEG NOW PLEASE!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, Iain said:

If Ayr win and Arbroath lose on Saturday we're safe barring a goal difference disaster on the last day. Won't happen though.

In that scenario would we not still be able to finish 9th on the last day fairly easily with only a 1 goal swing on GD or something?   If Ayr and Morton win 1-0 and Arbroath lose 1-0 on Sat, a Morton Arbroath draw and a 2 goal defeat for us on last day puts us 9th which would hardly be a shock last day.    Unless I'm (hopefully) being daft with my 'back of a fag packet' scribbles here?

23 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

League 1 has split so looks like we’ll probably be playing Airdrie or Montrose in playoff semi 

Would we not have to just play the last remaining league 1 play off team? Or am i getting confused with the Premiership play-offs.

Been that long since i had to think about these play-offs

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Would we not have to just play the last remaining league 1 play off team? Or am i getting confused with the Premiership play-offs.

Nah lower league playoffs work different to the premiership ones. We’d play 4th place away then home and then play the winner of 2nd vs 3rd away then home. 

23 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I thought we'd just have to play one team as well! Even worse to find out it's two 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I thought we'd just have to play one team as well! Even worse to find out it's two 

Why would it be two? As soon as  the 4th placed team beats us, it's done!

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Any idea on what dates theyd be? 

8th May - Championship play-off SFs, 1st leg
11th May - Championship play-off SFs, 2nd leg

15th May - Championship play-off Final, 1st leg
18th May - Championship play-off Final, 2nd leg

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Dead simple now match Morton’s results starting Saturday not hopefull but now we know, and Queens also going for it on Saturday a win and they stay up, having nightmares just now about Debbie running riot.

Dobbie has been in and out the team this season, mostly due to injury, but even when available he hasn’t always started. He hasn’t scored a league goal that wasn’t a penalty since 25 January 2020. And he last scored a penalty on 31 October.

53 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Why would it be two? As soon as  the 4th placed team beats us, it's done!

That's the spirit.....

34 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

8th May - Championship play-off SFs, 1st leg
11th May - Championship play-off SFs, 2nd leg

15th May - Championship play-off Final, 1st leg
18th May - Championship play-off Final, 2nd leg

The next Covid restrictions are due to be lifted on the 17th May, which could mean fans would be allowed in for a game on the 18th potentially, scenes if that happened. Since when was the final on the Tuesday? Is that just for this year, usually always at the weekend the last game.