The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Was hoping a change of tactics would be enough to break teams down with how they're set up, and that we wouldn't need to bring anyone in, or one at the most, but I'd agree now on the suggestions being made.

This time of year hasn't usually been the kindest to us over the last few seasons. Although we have improved from having half the team out to two or three, and drawing games instead of losing them.

Is it Forrest's groin that's keeping him out, hopefully he doesn't have what Doc had.

9 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Lawrence who?  20yr old Semple kept him in check once again today. Think if yer offered cash for him you should grab it with both hands, County will go up as Champions. 

You just keep looking over your shoulders. :lol:

Ayr will be fine. 

Lawrence who?  20yr old Semple kept him in check once again today. Think if yer offered cash for him you should grab it with both hands, County will go up as Champions. 

Lawrence who?

The guy with more league goals and assists than the supposed best player in the league.

I’m not really feeling the need for another centre back (unless it’s a replacement for Ferguson if he leaves).

We’ve the second best defence in the league. Given we’re unlikely to be making many (if any) signings, I’d say a winger and/or someone creative in the middle of the park are much more important positions to be looking at.

I’m not really feeling the need for another centre back (unless it’s a replacement for Ferguson if he leaves).
We’ve the second best defence in the league. Given we’re unlikely to be making many (if any) signings, I’d say a winger and/or someone creative in the middle of the park are much more important positions to be looking at.

It’s the midfield we should be focusing on. If Ferguson leaves then get a replacement but Rose is one of the best defenders in the league and Bell is a good partner for him.

Hope Doc kicks on from his performance today and gets his new contract. Apart from that a winger or wide playmaker will do me.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s the midfield we should be focusing on. If Ferguson leaves then get a replacement but Rose is one of the best defenders in the league and Bell is a good partner for him.

Not sure if that's true. I think Bell gets away with a fair bit (through luck more than skill) and like Adams is a makeshift centre half.

Not sure if that's true. I think Bell gets away with a fair bit (through luck more than skill) and like Adams is a makeshift centre half.

Yeah he’s admitted himself he’s not a natural defender. Today was the first game I thought he struggled a bit but I’d put that down to the movement of Dobbie and Dykes being effective.

He’s been with us just under a year and I’m struggling to think of a goal we’ve conceded in that time that he’s been responsible for. I’d love to know how many goals we’ve conceded in all the games he’s played since he joined.

Bell is better with the ball at his feet and Adams is more commanding in that position. The only thing I'd put against them is that they're maybe short of a yard, although the rest of the defence are young enough to make up for it. I'd say Rose has a better partnership with Bell than he's had with Higgins and Adams

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah he’s admitted himself he’s not a natural defender. Today was the first game I thought he struggled a bit but I’d put that down to the movement of Dobbie and Dykes being effective.

He’s been with us just under a year and I’m struggling to think of a goal we’ve conceded in that time that he’s been responsible for. I’d love to know how many goals we’ve conceded in all the games he’s played since he joined.

QoS's fifth goal in the game in September. 

I'm not measuring him by goals conceded more the chances he gifts the opposition. Hes by no means a Murray Henderson but I think we need a proper centre half.

The margins between winning this league and finishing in the play offs is going to be fine. If we are serious about winning then a centre half should follow a winger/no10.

Hope this is us currently going through our iffy spell of the season, that's now 5 draws in 6 games.

In saying that 5 draws is better than 5 defeats as these 5 points could make the difference at the end of the season, hopefully for the better!

Pressure on us now for next week at home to Falkirk as Ross County play on Friday night away to Morton so we'll likely be six points behind before next kicking a ball.

Could desperately do with some good news on the injuries front, is there been any updates on that from McCall today?

24 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

McKinnon's interview is worth a watch while you wait

Definitely worth a watch.

Not a happy camper at all several of these  players will never play for Falkirk again etc. at least 6 new players in Jan.

I hope they don't get their new players in before next saturday.

Definitely worth a watch.
Not a happy camper at all several of these  players will never play for Falkirk again etc. at least 6 new players in Jan.
I hope they don't get their new players in before next saturday.

They might have one or two (Paul Dixon is already signed) but I still expect them to sit in and grind out a draw.