The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

Different feeling a week later though 😊

Very true. What a day it was a week later.

Unexpected title victory followed by celebrations on the pitch, in the stands and then the town center. Culminating in everyone (team included) in Harley's till early hours. 

What a team that was.

18 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bullen should  walk if that happens as it will mean it was a complete collapse. Mathie and Smith aren't blameless in all this either, our January window was a complete sham. We were right in the mix at that point and somehow managed to come out the window weaker than what we entered it. That's inexcusable. 

Sack the Manager, Sack the Board and get rid of all the players (apart from Dipo who we can maybe sell for £100k) and we may as well get rid of the groundsman and tea lady when we're at it 🤣

Just imagine if we were in a relegation battle or had actually BEEN relegated with a budget the size of Dunfermline 🥳

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Sack the Manager, Sack the Board and get rid of all the players (apart from Dipo who we can maybe sell for £100k) and we may as well get rid of the groundsman and tea lady when we're at it 🤣

Just imagine if we were in a relegation battle or had actually BEEN relegated with a budget the size of Dunfermline 🥳

Enjoy your night, mate. 

On the subject of McAlear who I'd agree hasn't turned out as hoped, it should be noted that he was highly enough rated for Scotland to send the U21 assistant Manager down to Somerset to watch him as they had earmarked him for a call up.

So obviously it wasn't just our Management / Backroom team who were misguided.

As for blow ups and recent bad form, you only need to look at Queens Park led by the much sought after and much lauded Management team of Owen Coyle and Sandy Stewart.

As they say in the game, fans are fickle(especially in this era) and you're only as good as your past couple of results, another prime example being Dick Campbell who's gone from Hero to Zero in many people's eyes in the space of 7 or 8 months.

Another one who many here wanted isn't exactly setting the heather alight at Palmerston.

So say we sack Bullen, who is the guy to come in and make us much better and take us to the league title after this perceived failure of Bullens ??

Honestly, I'd love to know.......

14 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Another one who many here wanted isn't exactly setting the heather alight at Palmerston.

Five wins and a draw in their last six games, second in the form table over the last ten matches. Looks ok to me. 

23 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

This.

Panucci's late winner at Hampden in 2007 is a close second

I cried. A lot.

Yes I was still a child, but still. Only time it's happened at the football. Tbh I felt close to it at Recreation Park that day though🤣.

"that's the fucking left back"

"what the f**k is this" 

etc.

Edited by AuAl

1 hour ago, ComradeDiego said:

This.

Panucci's late winner at Hampden in 2007 is a close second

I had drank six cans of some strong French beer and thought I must have missed the foul for the freekick that led to the goal, but there wasn't one. A diabolical refereeing decision.

It's a low barometer when fans on SRE etc are saying this season "exceeded expectations" just because we werent in a relegation dogfight. Not even the happy clappers can excuse the piss poor performances (mostly) since December. Not forgetting the Falkirk debacle. We had a chance to make this a great season with a trip to Hampden and a genuine shot at winning a title nobody seems to want and we fcked it. 

Edited by Thereisalight..

11 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

For me it was the Talbot cup game. Result was bad enough but a splitting headache did not help matters.

I genuinely fucking hate Auchinleck Talbot. Bunch of banjo playing inbreds from a village with f**k all going for it.

Edited by Richey Edwards

35 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I genuinely fucking hate Auchinleck Talbot. Bunch of banjo playing inbreds from a village with f**k all going for it.

I work with about 10 people who live in Auchinleck, they're all related to eachother and I still hear from them about that day. We gave them uncivilized wrong'uns the best and most unforgettable day of their lives that day.

Edited by THEHonestman1910

11 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I work with about 10 people who live in Auchinleck, they're all related to eachother and I still hear from them about that day. We gave them uncivilized wrong'uns the best and most unforgettable day of their lives that day.

When the biggest and best result in your clubs history is beating Ayr United, then it is time to roll your club up and throw it in the bin.

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

So say we sack Bullen, who is the guy to come in and make us much better and take us to the league title after this perceived failure of Bullens ??

Honestly, I'd love to know.......

This right here is the biggest cop out ever. Just because folk on an internet forum cannot name a better alternative, doe not justify questions not being asked of Bullen. 

Edited by D'Jaffo