The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I would have thought in this day and age a stadium announcer would be redundant. Surely with AI, you can just get a machine to do it.

It would be much better at substitutes when the sponsor is announced. At the moment it's like "#11 Daire O'Connor sponsored by *checks notes* his mum and pa is replaced by #22 Mark McKenzie sponsored by *paper rustling* The Ayrviators.

Edited by Trogdor

43 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Who cares? It's the fucking stadium announcer, not the manager. 

This is a guy that fell out with McCall and Graeme miller and celebrated Ayr getting beat the whole time that McCall was manager

f**k him

Edited by ayrunitedfw

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This is a guy that fell out with McCall and Graeme miller and celebrated Ayr getting beat the whole time that McCall was manager

f**k him

🤣

Jesus Christ, get a grip. 

32 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I would have thought in this day and age a stadium announcer would be redundant. Surely with AI, you can just get a machine to do it.

It would be much better at substitutes when the sponsor is announced. At the moment it's like "#11 Daire O'Connor sponsored by *checks notes* his mum and pa is replaced by #22 Mark McKenzie sponsored by *paper rustling* The Ayrviators.

Ftfy

Good lads IMO 

2 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

🤣

Jesus Christ, get a grip. 

So you're happy enough to have a guy that wanted us to lose football games a little over a few seasons ago to be PA announcer? Fair enough 

The guy is a walking embodiment of this gif

Limmy GIFs | Tenor

He did some fundraising for the club and we all held our noses and went along with it. 

He got hoofed out because he thought he was important at the club and annoyed the actual important people. 

Smith seems to like a sycophant but how long will it be before Boab pisses him off?

I hope the inevitable ending is box office. 

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Finding it hard to get too exercised about the stadium announcer. 

Imagine, 1st home league game. Everyone wedged in to the Somerset road end. 14:45

Over the tannoy

Welcome to Somerset park for todays match between Ayr united and our visitors Inverness. 

Before reading out todays teams, I would like to sing a little song that goes like this.....

7 minutes ago, Iain said:

Finding it hard to get too exercised about the stadium announcer. 

Aye if folk want to get wound up then fire in but I really couldn’t care less. 

I seem to remember hearing that he was he absolutely raging before the Rangers game a number of years ago when he heard that the sky cameras wouldn't be covering him doing his sing song on the pitch.

Thank f**k they didn't. Imagine the slagging the club would have got.

6 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Did Dipo leave at HT?

apparently the players came back out at FT for photos with the kids etc and he was nowhere to be seen

Dipo did go out to see fans, albeit it a bit later than the rest of the players. Franny and Olly left midway through the 2nd half. My cousins weans were wanting to see them and get the pic of them and the lads from the open day signed 🤣

Missed the 2nd goal as I had a load of fat heads in front of me who were sheltering from the rain. 

Frankie was talking to a steward and I heard him say the trialist was a guy named Ethan but he couldnt remember his surname 😑

19 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I seem to remember hearing that he was he absolutely raging before the Rangers game a number of years ago when he heard that the sky cameras wouldn't be covering him doing his sing song on the pitch.

Thank f**k they didn't. Imagine the slagging the club would have got.

That the one where he swaggered onto the pitch to murder nessun dorma?

Total cringe worthy stuff.

Look at how the team played when he was nowhere in sight under mccall, in comparison to the Roberts era, when he was constantly throwing his boaby about.

No more questions your honour.