The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Aye, the Somerset Boab stuff is pretty embarrassing.  If he's just doing announcements and that's it, then fair enough but I doubt it'd end there. The issue is that previously he made it about him, just seemed that he was wanting all the attention.  I mind the songs before a game against Rangers, don't think he realised it was a football game and not the headline slot at Glastonbury. 

If the club are serious about growing as a 'brand' then they need to think very carefully about these kind of things.  I personally find it painfully cringeworthy Butlins-esque patter that is very dated. 

50 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Dipo did go out to see fans, albeit it a bit later than the rest of the players. Franny and Olly left midway through the 2nd half. My cousins weans were wanting to see them and get the pic of them and the lads from the open day signed 🤣

Missed the 2nd goal as I had a load of fat heads in front of me who were sheltering from the rain. 

Frankie was talking to a steward and I heard him say the trialist was a guy named Ethan but he couldnt remember his surname 😑

Bit odd players leaving during the game. Not giving us enough to go on there - poor that no one has got the trialist yet!

21 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Sometimes like most companies jobs are advertised internally first ,

Not exactly one to ordinarily suck up, but yeah that is entirely fair and businesses of all kinds should be giving their own staff/volunteers etc opportunities to progress where appropriate. 

6 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

Saw a post on SRE Dipo did actually come out later on to take pictures with fans

Was he smiling though? What was his last Instagram update?

The less said about the notion that Big Professional Club Ayr United have had to look at Roberts-era grifters because their previous announcer departed due to Mecca Bingo getting shut the better.

Edited by Thumper

2 hours ago, AuAl said:

I seem to remember hearing that he was he absolutely raging before the Rangers game a number of years ago when he heard that the sky cameras wouldn't be covering him doing his sing song on the pitch.

Thank f**k they didn't. Imagine the slagging the club would have got.

Missed kick off on purpose that day to avoid that c**t. 

4 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Who cares? It's the fucking stadium announcer, not the manager. 

To be fair, he has been an absolute walloper in the past. Access he shouldnt be given, went in a huff and disappeared until now.

Today he made a joke about Stranraer player Kyle being from Girvan... Yep Kyle Girvan

Official attendance was "absolute hunners"

Needs to get a bit more professional if he wants the gig full time imo

7 hours ago, diege said:

To be fair, he has been an absolute walloper in the past. Access he shouldnt be given, went in a huff and disappeared until now.

Today he made a joke about Stranraer player Kyle being from Girvan... Yep Kyle Girvan

I quite enjoyed it.

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

Has the forum's official ITK not basically just said he got the job?

No one has been announced , he did Dam Park as he had the equipment required as Dam Park does not provide PA system , think it was quoted not many people have applied 

7 hours ago, diege said:

There is no way he would be allowed to have a carry on with the PA if he was doing it on a regular basis. Looking forward to a few posters on here contacting the club and volunteering their time time do it. 

39 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Stranraer showing us how to put a highlights package together. Excellent work by them.

Never mind a new right back can we just sign the Stranraer media team.

Edited by Superhursy7

9 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Sometimes like most companies jobs are advertised internally first ,

51 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

No one has been announced , he did Dam Park as he had the equipment required as Dam Park does not provide PA system , think it was quoted not many people have applied 

You can’t have it both ways. If not enough people have applied after an internal advertisement, then you need to externally advertise the role, not just pick the only internal person who fancies it regardless of suitability.