The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Search under Ethon rather Ethan. Appears to have been at Raynes Park Vale last season.

I see. Cheers.

Tier 8 I think that'll be. 

Edited by AuAl

17 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

There is no way he would be allowed to have a carry on with the PA if he was doing it on a regular basis. Looking forward to a few posters on here contacting the club and volunteering their time time do it. 

Is it not a paid role?

Lots of people on here have offered their time and services to the club for free. Whether it be helping out the media team, tidying up and painting the ground, helping out with the pitch or offering their professional expertise. 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

I thought the rules had changed on that front and all jobs had to be advertised somewhere these days.

My employer advertises posts internally where they think they can fill them without going external. Only current staff can see the adverts and apply for those posts.

2 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I thought the rules had changed on that front and all jobs had to be advertised somewhere these days.

I'm not aware of that.

The role I'm in now was an internal advert on the company website (as it happens I was the only applicant), was still interviewed and the like it wasn't here this is yours. If I hadn't been suitable they'd have gone to the market.

We do it quite a lot. If we don't get any suitable internal applicants then we open it up to externals. Again advertised on the company website and the usual job sites.

1 minute ago, RedEd said:

My employer advertises posts internally where they think they can fill them without going external. Only current staff can see the adverts and apply for those posts.

My old employer was the same. In more recent times though even the most senior positions were being advertised. These were always filled internally anyway as more than enough qualified candidates. The question was asked and we were told everything now had to be put out there due to changes in legislation 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

My old employer was the same. In more recent times though even the most senior positions were being advertised. These were always filled internally anyway as more than enough qualified candidates. The question was asked and we were told everything now had to be put out there due to changes in legislation 

Not aware of any changes to legislation - that's not to say it hasn't happened though. It would difficult to police and right pain for employers to administer.

11 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Not aware of any changes to legislation - that's not to say it hasn't happened though. It would difficult to police and right pain for employers to administer.

There has been no change , I recruited in my former position for managerial positions mainly and rule has not changed , no job needs to be externally advertised and it’s does not even need by law to be advertised internally , 

Edited by Finlay21

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

There has been no change , I recruited in my former position for managerial positions mainly and rule has not changed , no job needs to be externally advertised and it’s does not even need by law to be advertised internally 

That might be because you were seconded to the role. Same with Boab, if he is successfully carrying out the task over a period of time.