The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

EK game is really going to be the last opportunity to have a look at this kid as you can't play trialists in the league cup.

Quietly hoping he gets signed. His shots from outside the box are pretty good, not saying we should sign him on that alone. He's young enough to develop and can only get better.

He played on the opposite side as Amarty yesterday and looked good. So yes, at 18? I'd sign him.

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Quietly hoping he gets signed. His shots from outside the box are pretty good, not saying we should sign him on that alone. He's young enough to develop and can only get better.

He played on the opposite side as Amarty yesterday and looked good. So yes, at 18? I'd sign him.

Think it might depend on the JML situation ..

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

i reckon we should take the gamble anyway and sign to replace O'Connor, at 18 he's a prospect who could be worth the risk IMO

The difference between signing him at 18 and say, Smith, is that we will need to pay him a wage that will tempt him to move north. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

The difference between signing him at 18 and say, Smith, is that we will need to pay him a wage that will tempt him to move north. 

Part time football in English 9th tier or full time in Scotland with live TV and a chance to put himself in the shop window. No brainer I’d say

40 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

😂

You could've just said you don't know or that what you suggested actually happened, instead of coming across like you're kind of still seething from your wee online beef with Smith however long ago that was. 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

If based on constructive criticism, that is a useful tool that many people should look at and take any positives from it , people need to give ideas on how to resolve issues rather than just say it’s wrong 

Fans will have good ideas but the onus is on the club to start the dialogue to engage with supporters and welcome feedback. So far they haven't really shown a willingness to do that aside from on general Scottish football issues.

I do think a few on here are glass half empty but on the flip side the club can't be defended to the hilt anytime someone raises an issue either.

9 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Fans will have good ideas but the onus is on the club to start the dialogue to engage with supporters and welcome feedback. So far they haven't really shown a willingness to do that aside from on general Scottish football issues.

I do think a few on here are glass half empty but on the flip side the club can't be defended to the hilt anytime someone raises an issue either.

They appointed a Supporters Liaison Officer to deal with this sort of thing , that is either not being utilised or there is a breakdown somewhere in the process 

I think there is more can be done with fans liaison with the club supporters liaison officer ( or vice versa ) highlighting  issues and posting responses 

Edited by Finlay21

43 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

I think this is pretty fair.

I've engaged with the supporters liaison who was very good, responded to me straight away and passed my issue to the club. I then never heard anything else.

Equally, I phoned the club with an issue and it was resolved immediately. I actually think I sent in an email and they phoned me back within an hour. Exceptional service.

The club do a lot of good things. However, there are things which could be done better. That's true for all football clubs but it doesn't make you a bad fan for pointing it out.

Ultimately, the club needs to balance its resources and prioritise them on what has the biggest impact on fan experience. The highlights seem to have been sacrificed as part of this prioritisation.

10 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Michael O’Halloran is a cracking signing for Dunfermline.

Is he? 

Cove fans are saying he’s done and he was awful at Somerset last season. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

You could've just said you don't know or that what you suggested actually happened, instead of coming across like you're kind of still seething from your wee online beef with Smith however long ago that was. 

Sorry I thought you were recreating this with the initial postbackup.thumb.jpg.200d85c66605e7631992ee81b72d841c.jpg

Yes, this happened. 

Perhaps it was just early mistakes but this could have been avoided. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is he? 

17 games involved last season for two clubs, 0 goals 0 assists.  

It wouldn't be insane for it to work out but I don't see it. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is he? 

Yep, I guess they’re in the same boat we’re in with Murphy.  All about how much they have left in the tank.

Just now, Nelson said:

Yep, I guess they’re in the same boat we’re in with Murphy.  All about how much they have left in the tank.

Any St Johnstone fans that have commented on Murphy have said they would have been happy to see him stay.

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

St Johnstone fans were quite positive about Murphy even though he spent last season played out of position. I haven’t seen anything good being said about O’Halloran. I’m happier we’ve got Murphy.  

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

St Johnstone fans were quite positive about Murphy even though he spent last season played out of position. I haven’t seen anything good being said about O’Halloran. I’m happier we’ve got Murphy.  

Good finish yesterday - looked like he has got a bit about him at this level? We'll see when the grounds get heavy and the Scottish winter gets going.