The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Are we seriously believing this rumour about York City from a poster called "Yorky"

I’ve been on the forum a long time, come from Yorkshire originally so keep in touch, and don’t make things up. It is from a reliable source who has been right about every other signing and stated he’s having a medical today but I don’t work for the club.  It’s up to everyone to believe it or not but time will tell.

I was starting to think that Dipo might stay and we might be okay this season, now back to full panic mode. 

Don’t think there’s any chance we will do anything in the league cup if this is the case - I would be amazed if we got a striker in before it finishes. 

Good that's it's being done now and we still have a decent time to bring players in. 

There's no guarantee that the entire fee goes into the playing budget, but have to hope it gives us a bit more money to play with.

^Trying to be confident.

Edited by AuAl

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I was starting to think that Dipo might stay and we might be okay this season, now back to full panic mode. 

Don’t think there’s any chance we will do anything in the league cup if this is the case - I would be amazed if we got a striker in before it finishes. 

I actually think we'd be in a worse position keeping Dipo, he's clearly unhappy. Keeping someone who is unhappy being there is at best demotivating for them and those around them. Moving him on now provides the chance of signing / loaning someone and maybe bringing in additional players on as well using the transfer fee. 

Just now, AuAl said:

Good that's it's being done now and we still have a decent time to bring players in. 

There's no guarantee that the entire fee goes into the playing budget, but have to hope it gives us a bit more string to play with.

Sensible thing is to bank it and use it next summer (or in case of January emergency) it's only gonna be roughly 100k.  

Looks like a mid table finish is our best hope for the season if this is definitely happening.  Probably wise we are planning on not caring about the league cup again as we will need points on the board early.