The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

FTFY

Freed just a few weeks later despite paying a fee to take him from Livi that summer.

I remember one part of that game, there was a two on one where an Ayr player was running at him and one behind him, he decided to run after the player without the ball for some reason. I have never seen a professional footballer so that, ever. 

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I remember one part of that game, there was a two on one where an Ayr player was running at him and one behind him, he decided to run after the player without the ball for some reason. I have never seen a professional footballer so that, ever. 

He came on as a sub at home to QOS in the cup the week before. Made a tackle right in front of the Cowshed amd turned to the fans and let out a massive roar.

We have now covered his entire Morton career.

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm glad McInroy is heading elsewhere, he seems to have gained messiah status on here. I personally think he was alright, nothing outstanding. He  made his bed by joining Killie, let him lie in whatever stye he ends up in 

Totally agree. With the exception of a good strike on him I'm struggling to think of what he actually did to make him be remembered as a top quality Centre Mid for us. Hopefully Pendlebury can do that job but with much more pace to his game.

Apart from this, his spell at Rugby Park has been a disaster and their fans believe him to be utterly hopeless so while he was ok for us in a difficult time, I certainly wasn't falling over myself hoping we'd get him back !!

55 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm glad McInroy is heading elsewhere, he seems to have gained messiah status on here. I personally think he was alright, nothing outstanding. He  made his bed by joining Killie, let him lie in whatever stye he ends up in 

He was a mid-ranking championship midfielder with us, very poor final ball, positional sense was miles off but he had loads of energy and bags of potential. 
Ironically, he’d probably be a better player now if he’d signed for Thistle last season and Kilmarnock this season.

I’d still have taken him but it might take a few weeks for the rust to come off him, he’s missed a year of full time football and a vital age. Some players would struggle to recover from that. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

He was a mid-ranking championship midfielder with us, very poor final ball, positional sense was miles off but he had loads of energy and bags of potential. 
Ironically, he’d probably be a better player now if he’d signed for Thistle last season and Kilmarnock this season.

I’d still have taken him but it might take a few weeks for the rust to come off him, he’s missed a year of full time football and a vital age. Some players would struggle to recover from that. 

Ach, he took some money off the Scum for doing f**k all. What's not to like about the man?

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Got some leftover pizza to fire into the air fryer at lunch ☺️

Try it in a pan with a lid then once base done add a bit of water 👌

There's plenty of reason to be positive about the league campaign. Additions are definitely needed and will be getting worked on I'm sure but like the Morton fan explained earlier about their squad, we're not alone.

You can pick holes or have question marks over all the teams we're going to be up against.

Consistency and the ability to grind out wins or even draws are going to be crucial over the course of the season, like it always is.

Bring it on. ⚫⚪

The one night I come back down to visit friends and the whole of Ayr goes into a blackout.

Was in town at the time. Lots of sirens about - all traffic lights out etc. Hope there's been no bad accidents.

Edited by AuAl