The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think we’re probabky looking at 3rd at best now. Just hoping we can hold onto any playoff place though, only 9 ahead of 5th.
Dunfermline are on a roll which is worrying me, meanwhile only play offs QOTS look like they're heading towards is the relegation ones. Don't even think we'll finish 2nd now.

Falkirk away next is also a nightmare game, we need a win fast and can't see it coming there.

At least the performance was considerably better. Plenty of spirit there, unlike Saturday.

We'll come again folks, don't worry. Playoff at best, obviously, but that'll be good craic.
Problem is though we don't play like that every week because most other teams in this league park the bus against us.

We all saw the problems we could cause tonight against a defence which actually sat higher up the field than the edge of their penalty box.

At least the performance was considerably better. Plenty of spirit there, unlike Saturday.

We'll come again folks, don't worry. Playoff at best, obviously, but that'll be good craic.

Exactly

Getting the playoffs is still a good season and going up is superb however I think we need 2nd for that.

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Dunfermline are on a roll which is worrying me, meanwhile only play offs QOTS look like they're heading towards is the relegation ones. Don't even think we'll finish 2nd now.

Falkirk away next is also a nightmare game, we need a win fast and can't see it coming there.

I’m very sure we won’t finish 2nd. Dundee Utd are picking up wins and we... aren’t.

Problem is though we don't play like that every week because most other teams in this league park the bus against us.

We all saw the problems we could cause tonight against a defence which actually sat higher up the field than the edge of their penalty box.
I know, I know.

But that's the problem you have when you're up at the top of the league.

There's no easy solutions, and sometimes we all forget that. Miller could really catch fire in the next month or two, and could create more chances for us against deeper teams.

Agreed. I know I'm calling him out early but cadden looks useless so far.

I’ve not seen enough of him but I thought he started ok against Dunfermline but just faded more and more out of the game as it went on.

Frustrating as well to see McGuffie start on the bench for Raith tonight. Having Cadden and loaning out McGuffie really only works if McGuffie is playing every week for Raith as I’m not sure there’s much between the two ability wise.

Think you will finish 3rd now. Too far ahead for 4th or worse....Bottom teams will take too many points off each another to catch you.

Fancy Ross County to win league and Dundee united to finish 2nd. 

So will be a long route into premiership as may require 6 play off games, genuinely good luck for that, I want you up in top league 

How exactly has our defence turned to absolute jobbie, i mean lets be real we could have conceded about 6 tonight if it hadn't been for Doohan.

Only defender who still looks half decent is Smith, Harvie gets worse, think he was at fault for their third goal, Adams looked miles off the pace in the first half, improved slightly in the second and Rose hasn't looked anywhere near the same player since singing that pre-contract for Coventry.

Think McCall has too many defenders to choose from now and doesn't know which ones are his best considering there was 3 Cb's on the bench.

We must be close to the bottom of the form table just now. Obviously we’d all have taken where we are now if offered it at the start of the season but it’s really disappointing the way we’ve conceded a title challenge with a whimper.

Thought we looked really decent in patches tonight when we kept the ball on the deck but we were second to everything and the score line maybe flattered us a wee bit.

Scunnered!

I’ve not seen enough of him but I thought he started ok against Dunfermline but just faded more and more out of the game as it went on.

Frustrating as well to see McGuffie start on the bench for Raith tonight. Having Cadden and loaning out McGuffie really only works if McGuffie is playing every week for Raith as I’m not sure there’s much between the two ability wise.
I think mcguffie really has something, but was very inconsistent.

Hopefully I'm wrong about cadden. But so far he's not went past anyone, and can't beat the first man with a cross.

1 minute ago, munro7 said:

We must be close to the bottom of the form table just now. Obviously we’d all have taken where we are now if offered it at the start of the season but it’s really disappointing the way we’ve conceded a title challenge with a whimper.

Thought we looked really decent in patches tonight when we kept the ball on the deck but we were second to everything and the score line maybe flattered us a wee bit.

Scunnered!

We've got the form of team you'd except to see down at the relegation zone, teams like Falkirk have got better form which says enough.

How exactly has our defence turned to absolute jobbie, i mean lets be real we could have conceded about 6 tonight if it hadn't been for Doohan.
Only defender who still looks half decent is Smith, Harvie gets worse, think he was at fault for their third goal, Adams looked miles off the pace in the first half, improved slightly in the second and Rose hasn't looked anywhere near the same player since singing that pre-contract for Coventry.
Think McCall has too many defenders to choose from now and doesn't know which ones are his best considering there was 3 Cb's on the bench.

When they’re all fit I’d be trying

Geggan Muirhead Rose Smith

There’s a balance there of two experienced defenders and two younger players.