The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

Who cares about what we gave to clydebank for Gary teal or any past transfer it's player or players we need in now.

Sorry, I'll be sure to run any posts past you in future

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If Ryan McGowan signs for Partick and we sign another English child for central midfield today, not going to lie I will go fully heads gone. 

Feel a bit weird quoting myself, but from the press conference we now know Bullen wants someone big, strong, experienced, aggressive for the middle of the park - we will see if he gets it…

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Where would he play and who would he replace?

image.png.1f3f6c73315f179c0f9c55c25a312158.png

He played regularly at central midfield last season, but did also play at right back/centre half.

Central midfield though, and if our new guys settle in and are good over the coming months he can move to RB potentially. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Feel a bit weird quoting myself, but from the press conference we now know Bullen wants someone big, strong, experienced, aggressive for the middle of the park - we will see if he gets it…

The fact that he keeps reiterating this suggests that he’s getting what he wants or he’s getting ready to shift blame onto the club if he doesn’t get it. 

Either way I’m not a fan of it as it never looks good. 

The actual transfer window never used to really apply to us as we dont tend to sign players direct from other clubs, although effects cross boarder loans.

There is a separate loans window for domestic loans, and you can sign anyone that is out of contract at any time up to March.

They only way it does affect us is that players have to be freed before the window shuts to be eligible to sign for someone else, but also the bigger clubs probably will be holding off on releasing / making available for loan players until there business is finished.

So more interesting watching who is getting released than anything else

Edited by honestly united

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

The fact that he keeps reiterating this suggests that he’s getting what he wants or he’s getting ready to shift blame onto the club if he doesn’t get it. 

Either way I’m not a fan of it as it never looks good. 

I don’t think that’s overly fair, he is just stating what type of player he wants in a press conference.  Ultimately it is him sitting with most of the blame when performances are shit if we don’t get what we need in central midfield - particularly with the full back shitshow. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think that’s overly fair, he is just stating what type of player he wants in a press conference.  Ultimately it is him sitting with most of the blame when performances are shit if we don’t get what we need in central midfield - particularly with the full back shitshow. 

I don’t think what he’s doing is malicious but managers do it all the time when they need a player or two. McCall was the master of it but was always followed with a “I won’t ask Lachlan for more money” despite the fact he clearly has.