The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Rose took his goal well and definitely grew in confidence after that. I wonder if he is better suited to being a penalty box striker instead of leading the line alone, Dowds may well help with that. 

QP played some nice tiki-taka stuff on the edge of the box with lots of shifting the ball on to the opposite foot but we mostly held our defence shape well.

Reading has looked far more comfortable than he did last year. He seems to have simplified his game a bit, just get rid of the threat rather than try to over think it. 

I went along in hope rather than expectation but I'm glad I did; five goals and three points will hopefully lift the team. I'm still not convinced Bullen is the man for the job but credit where credit is due, we were set up to expose QP's kamikaze high line and took our chances when they came. 

4 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Bit of humble pie lads?

By f**k did we need that result (although I certainly didn't see it coming).

Maybe it'll spark a wee unbeaten run that can build some confidence.  This season has to be about picking up enough points to stay in the league.  With the new stand and the other off-field improvements, hopefully we'll see some steady growth after that.

U battering any wains at the game this week??👀👀👀👀

We were obviously good last night but I think a little bit of caution is needed as we don't know how much any or all of:

• Chalmers scoring early from a corner
  • Queens Park playing a midfielder in defence
  • Our change of shape

Had a bearing on the game.  

10 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Do we need to wait until after midnight for the highlights?

Don’t think so - seem to recall watching Dale Hilsons goal against them on the Friday night game in March on the Saturday. Watched it several times. 

Would imagine uploading the highlights not a huge priority at the moment but no reason why they cannot be uploaded today - I think 

The hope now is that Morten don't get anything at EEP today. Would be a bit of a downer still to be stuck in ninth with the worst goal difference in the league after that.

Our group chat was entirely full of people making excuses not to go. Was quite funny that Bullen's total football revolution has finally clicked and no c**t was there to see it.

Speaking of, what was the crowd like?

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The hope now is that Morten don't get anything at EEP today. Would be a bit of a downer still to be stuck in ninth with the worst goal difference in the league after that.

Our group chat was entirely full of people making excuses not to go. Was quite funny that Bullen's total football revolution has finally clicked and no c**t was there to see it.

Speaking of, what was the crowd like?

Prob wouldn’t mind Raith beating Airdrie by a couple either to put us above them. 

Let's hope this is sustained.

I was only watching via the stream from just before half time but the ball in behind that QP defence seems like a guaranteed chance. I didn't think there was a worse defence than us but it seems there is.

Edit - The most pleasing bit is that Bullen and the coaches obviously saw a weakness in the opposition and exploited it. I can't remember the last time that happened!

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

We were obviously good last night but I think a little bit of caution is needed as we don't know how much any or all of:

• Chalmers scoring early from a corner
  • Queens Park playing a midfielder in defence
  • Our change of shape

Had a bearing on the game.  

Last night changed very little for me. The way QP defended was criminal and you won't see that too often at this level. Credit to the strikers for taking the chances and lets hope that it gives everyone a boost. More importantly it keeps us in touch with other teams whilst the situation plays out. Some of the newer players have been thrown in at the deep end which can't be easy and i hope this takes a bit of ptessure of them 

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Let's hope this is sustained.

I was only watching via the stream from just before half time but the ball in behind that QP defence seems like a guaranteed chance. I didn't think there was a worse defence than us but it seems there is.

Edit - The most pleasing bit is that Bullen and the coaches obviously saw a weakness in the opposition and exploited it. I can't remember the last time that happened!

Aye that was one of the more pleasing things I thought. We had clearly either researched the opponent well, or took one look at their set up on the night and came up with a plan that would be effective.

Still questions around whether those diddies with that ridiculous high line just made us look better than we really are. But, we scored some good goals so hopefully there's a bit of a confidence boost there if nothing else. 

Can we please wrap Murphy and Chalmers in bubble wrap.

3 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Aye that was one of the more pleasing things I thought. We had clearly either researched the opponent well, or took one look at their set up on the night and came up with a plan that would be effective.

Still questions around whether those diddies with that ridiculous high line just made us look better than we really are. But, we scored some good goals so hopefully there's a bit of a confidence boost there if nothing else. 

Can we please wrap Murphy and Chalmers in bubble wrap.

Mental that they are still trying that.

Edited by renton