The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Amartay and Bryden doing more upfront in the last 15 than McKenzie and Rose did the first 75

Can't believe Rose is on a two year deal aswell ffs...

Rose is sensationally terrible, isn’t he - he should be fourth choice striker. f**k knows what our analysts have seen with him - no pace, no touch,  generally can’t hold it up, can’t run it behind and can win the odd header / about it. 

38 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Amazing that Amartey doesn't get game time.

Boy fair put himself about, turned defenders, held up the ball without 'trapping it' 10 yards.

Massive improvement on Rose, whoo looks more like a number 10 the amount of dropping back he was doing

57 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Amartey must start with Dowds on Saturday for me.

We’re pretty snookered until January at least, but Amartey needs to start, though I don’t honestly think he’s the answer.  Bryden deserves some more game time off the bench as well.  Assuming he’s fit, maybe McGeady could play as a no 10 behind Dowds - he’s certainly not getting in the team ahead of Murphy or Chalmers.  

Rose seemed reasonably well thought of down south so maybe he can be moved on in January.  McKenzie can go out on loan - hopefully frees up some budget to sign someone/anyone.

I feel like I am watching Ahui through cracks in my fingers at times. He constantly looks like he is tripping over his own feet when he’s on the ball.

Defensively he has been ooookaaaayyy apart from having the best seat in the house for Particks second. The last two games, Chalmers has been quiet and I think it’s because he has to be close to him to take the ball from Ahui before he tries anything. 

The best thing I can say about Rose is, we aren’t deploying him correctly or his abilities aren’t suited to our style. But the last two games he has fluffed his lines in some of the easiest forward play he should be able to handle. 

Young, Syla and Senga are all showing their worth now and we need one of the forwards to do the same.

Been one of those seasons where very little has gone well and everything’s a struggle.

Just got to suck it up and make sure we don’t go down - which would be catastrophic!!!

Imagine our first home league game, opening the new stand with Cove Rangers our guests!!!

Really need a bit of a shuffle of the cards in January as it looks like no amount of coaching is going to help some of those guys unfortunately 😢

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Been one of those seasons where very little has gone well and everything’s a struggle.

Just got to suck it up and make sure we don’t go down - which would be catastrophic!!!

Imagine our first home league game, opening the new stand with Cove Rangers our guests!!!

Really need a bit of a shuffle of the cards in January as it looks like no amount of coaching is going to help some of those guys unfortunately

I don't see us doing much in the window unless some pretty decent long term options land in our lap .This team has mid table to fourth written all over it . Can't see us burning any of next seasons budget on more of the same .

31 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I feel like I am watching Ahui through cracks in my fingers at times. He constantly looks like he is tripping over his own feet when he’s on the ball.

Defensively he has been ooookaaaayyy apart from having the best seat in the house for Particks second. The last two games, Chalmers has been quiet and I think it’s because he has to be close to him to take the ball from Ahui before he tries anything. 

The best thing I can say about Rose is, we aren’t deploying him correctly or his abilities aren’t suited to our style. But the last two games he has fluffed his lines in some of the easiest forward play he should be able to handle. 

Young, Syla and Senga are all showing their worth now and we need one of the forwards to do the same.

This .....However Logan is getting double maned these days . Which I suppose gives Murphy more room which is fine .

It was clear by watching Rose's highlight reel when we signed him he was never a like for like replacement for Akinyemi or even a target man number 9. Livi had him in on trial before we signed him so they must have seen something in him to ask him up.

However BGM insisted on playing Rose as a target man / 9 at the start of the season which just didnt work. I would like to see him in a run of games playing with Dowds playing as a support striker or poacher type to see how he gets on in what is should be his best position. Although at the moment I think I would prefer Amartey getting a run with Dowds first.

Edited by honestly united